8P2 SLine to 8P2 S3 Front End Conversion

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Hi guys

Having already fitted the S3 rear valance and side skirts I've decided to complete the 8P2 S3 exterior conversion and fit the front bumper too

I've called my local TPS for a price and they've quoted me £360 for the bumper and £36 each for the fog surrounds. Considering the price for the side skirts (must be double this price!) I was pleasantly surprised!

I just want to clarify a few things before committing to purchase though;

1. Am I correct in saying the only modification needed is to trim the impact bar?
2. The TPS guy thought I'd need to buy an S3 grille - I'm sure that's not true. I think I'm correct in saying that my existing SLine headlights, grille, wings and bonnet are all compatible with the 8P2 S3 front bumper?
3. The grey section on the bottom centre of the grille, is that a separate clip on part or is it a fixed part of the bumper?
4. Can I use my existing bumper fittings to fit the new bumper?

Thanks for your help as always guys

You'll need a new grille as your existing one won't fit, it'll be too big. The S3 one on the 8P2 is a bit shorter than the S-Line one I think.

Bummer. I dont want the standard S3 chrome grille. Any idea what other options I have? Any decent after markets?

Black optics grill?

or did what I did and wrap the standard grill

IMG_2393.jpg

I'm loving the RS6 grille mod. But for that I'd have to buy an S3 and Rs6 grille, cut them both up and merge the remnants. That's gonna cost a fortune :(

I can't believe how hard it is to get prices for parts without a chassis number. Called Audi and TPS and neither could price an RS6 grille without either a chassis number or part number. Can't find anything on google either. Aargh.

Decided to settle for the black optics grille now and ordered all the parts this afternoon.

In case anybody is tempted by the conversion, here's the local TPS prices;

8P2 S3 Bumper - £297 + VAT
Black Optics Grille - £258.14 + VAT
Fog Surrounds - 2x £35.61 + VAT
Trim that fits behind the fog surrounds - 2x £13.12 + VAT

Total inc. VAT - £783.28

After finding the RS6 grille part numbers, I called my local Audi and TPS for a quote. Audi wanted around £650, whilst TPS wanted around £570. A great looking mod, but too much to justify personally.... Here's the part numbers for anyone looking - 4F0853651AL YNP for Matte Aluminium/High Gloss Black and 4F0853651AL Y9B for Brilliant Black.