Now refused the S3

Avantsline

Reaction score
Well as some of you know i haven't had a great experience with the dealer i went to see an S3 at last weekend and left a review for on Friday.

I was called today by a agitated sales manager saying it was all lies and if i didn't remove it then they would not sell me the car as no paperwork had been signed despite taking a deposit.

Apparently that is not a threat?

I had the thread deleted as although it is my true opinion, i didn't want to lose out on the car after the battle i had for it.

After i calmed down i realized doing business like this was good for no one so withdrew from the sale which they would have done to me anyway if i had not removed the post.

They are also highly professional apparently, after the week I've had i beg to differ.

I have sent details to audi hq and will contact trading standards to get their opinion.

I have had to cancel the transfer of the remaining balance which was due to the dealer tomorrow and collection was due after work providing funds were cleared, gutted to say the least.

They are not even bothered about it.

How many levels of wrong is this?

Why did you delete the thread, if it was a true experience of how things transpired, I wouldn't lay down for it, they should realise that there actions have consequences & if this makes a difference to there sales numbers, it may make them understand to treat people with respect & politeness, of which your thread clearly showed they hadn't.

I would ask for the thread to be reinstated IMHO, not to cause friction, but warn others of there general attitude.

Reactions: N8 and ENZO
You are right i wish i hadn't but felt it was the only way I'd get the car, they were also implying after i said stick the car up your rear that i would not receive deposit if not removed also.

They will probably deny refund after this post really are being pathetic about it.

We will see what Audi hq say tomorrow!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, get the thread reinstated or re write it? Dealers shouldn't get away with treating people like this! Ive come from a Vauxhall & thought they were bad?

They cant with hold the refund of deposit unless it was non refundable & I don't know any main dealership that would or have done this tbh, also they cant withhold if they cancelled the sale or withheld the sale of the car, from what I have read thus far, you're totally within your rights & they don't really have a leg to stand on withholding any funds from you, given the actions by them to date, any common sensed & fair judge, should it go that far, would decide in your favour.

The review was on here Ben S3 8p3, the summary was to avoid at all costs.

I am not sure if I could be sued for the libel/slander if it causes a loss to their business, it seems bad reviews can get you into legal trouble.

Really is communism to say the least and was no need to threaten with no car, just accept the bad review and learn from it!

NHN, thanks for clarifying that, I have the thread saved and will look at reinstating it, just would rather get the deposit first rather than have to wait for court action to return should it go that far.

Gazzer_S3, i also thought Vauxhall were bad until this week really disappointed with the service and angry at the bullying following an honest review.

Hopefully I will be in an S3 eventually never had a dealer refuse a sale before, its a shame that the fact they have sent a sales invoice doesn't make it legally binding otherwise I would still be entitled to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The review was on here Ben S3 8p3, the summary was to avoid at all costs.

I am not sure if I could be sued for the libel/slander if it causes a loss to their business, it seems bad reviews can get you into legal trouble.

Really is communism to say the least and was no need to threaten with no car, just accept the bad review and learn from it!

NHN, thanks for clarifying that, I have the thread saved and will look at reinstating it, just would rather get the deposit first rather than have to wait for court action to return should it go that far.

Gazzer_S3, i also thought Vauxhall were bad until this week really disappointed with the service and angry at the bullying following an honest review.

Hopefully I will be in an S3 eventually never had a dealer refuse a sale before, its a shame that the fact they have sent a sales invoice doesn't make it legally binding otherwise I would still be entitled to it.

Was the problem with their level of customer service?

Am I the only ones who a bit shocked. How did they find out that you had written on here?

WOW !!!! And i thought Manchester Audi were Bad !!!

What is wrong with these Dealers ? Do they not want to sell cars ? Sounds like you had a lucky escape, if i were you i'd get the deposit back and go elsewhere, preferably somewhere your custom is valued.

Name and shame 'em thats what i say.

You might get somewhere with Audi UK, i did when i complained about Manchester Audi.

You have the legal right to your deposit back. It isn't a non-refundable deposit, but simple a refundable deposit you used to secure the vehicle . I've cancelled a factory order before and got my deposit back, even though the car still ended up being built (couldn't be cancelled) and ended up in the show room.

What was the rough gist of your original post?

Ben S3 8p3, either one of their staff uses the forum, or because it had the dealers name in title it showed up in google when you typed in their name!

Veneeringman, I agree probably the best thing to do was walk away. Unfortunately there are no other cars which suit what i was looking for and the broker only validates the deal for 30 days, if i was to find another i would probably have to have another credit search which could prevent it from being accepted again.

Audi finance won't touch me for some reason nor will personal loans, only this broker is offering finance at a good rate.

I may just have to leave it for now and get a big deposit behind me, settle the van i have on hp and get back in the market in a few months.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/members/49861/veneeringman.html
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/members/49861/veneeringman.htmlhttp://www.audi-sport.net/vb/members/49861/veneeringman.html
CJ92 & Clewsy, Pm'ed.

I had a similar experience, the service centre who had my car caught wind of a thread i posted on here. I got a similar call, threatened with legal action if i didnt remove it and told to take my car back which was worse than it was before it went in. They must monitor alot of forums, but instead of dealing with the problems properly its just a case of sweeping things under the carpet one issue at a time.

I had a similar experience, the service centre who had my car caught wind of a thread i posted on here. I got a similar call, threatened with legal action if i didnt remove it and told to take my car back which was worse than it was before it went in. They must monitor alot of forums, but instead of dealing with the problems properly its just a case of sweeping things under the carpet one issue at a time.

It is terrible behavior, I am not suprised that it's happened before. Did you remove the post in the end?

It could all be a blessing in disguise really as I wanted this before the S3,

Audi RS4 Avant 4.2 quattro Avant for sale

Drove 2hrs up to Cambridgeshire and fell in love, sadly it was declined by Audi finance but have asked my broker if they would renegotiate the terms of my current agreement for this instead.

As i said in a previous post don't really need an estate and the running costs are high but if i can't get the keys to the smaller, less costly to run car then sod it might as well try to get a good outcome out of all this

Vindis were a pleasure to deal with, was there 3 hours including test drive, 4 tea's, polite to me regardless of my tracksuit and hoody attire and decent human beings!

We shall see if it gets accepted this time!

polite to me regardless of my tracksuit and hoody attire

That made me laugh mate. The stereotypical thing for them to do would have been to laugh you out of the showroom, but fair play to them they treated you with respect as you were a potential customer.

For all they knew you could've been looking to buy an R8 GT.

Good luck this time around.

Yup had it removed. This was all going on around the time my grandad passed away and i had a lot going on, i made it clear to them that i had a family grievance as well. But i get a call at around 8am, im asleep so i ignored the first two calls, i pick up on the third thinking it must be important seeing as hes called me three times in a row. I get the head technician having a rant about how ive slated him and his workers and that its unfair, and not true (when it was), i get told that hes been a technician for however many years which admittedly i respected but experience counts for nothing if you cant diagnose a cars problems without relying on a laptop, and then i was told (not asked) to remove it or face legal action and that my car was finally ready (after 3 days of them attempting to remedy the problems they caused) and that i should pick it up. I'm not a complete a*se so i apologised to him but either way i was p*ssed off to say least. I wish i hadn't removed it and gone to audi uk but i panicked and i wanted my car back.

Its as simple as this from what i've experienced and heard, if you don't own an expensive nearly new or new audi they don't really care. And unless you go about repairing things their way which is usually brand new everything then you won't be getting much out of them that way either. Im sure if you walked in and said i want a brand new s3 they'd be on hand and foot for you, customer service is terrible, after sales is terrible, and the majority of them are clueless monkeys depending on laptops to save them.

...How did they find out that you had written on here?
Someone I know works for a local sports club and they tell me the club's Media Dept. have software that flags any Internet comments that mentions said club by name! It works across all social media (inc. Facebook, Twitter & Forums) & someone is employed to actually sit at a computer all day and report anything bad that is flagged. The person told me they will also sift through previous posts\comments to find a person's true identity, or they may be able to get it from the host ..although what they would then do with the information would probably depend on the severity of the comments made.

I'm sure Audi's Media Dept's are much bigger than my local sports club, so it would make sense for them to have something of a similar nature! it's also feasible that there could be a member on here that is in fact an Audi Spy. :ninja:

For those wondering about the original post. I remember reading it roughly, It was something about Ox***d Audi and them not invoicing his broker firm when they said they would. Basically then saying it would take longer than expected and also messing him around on when he wanted to pick the car up. He had planed to collect it however as they hadn't sorted the paperwork out he then couldn't collect it or something along those lines.. Very poor from them from what I can remember..

That made me laugh mate. The stereotypical thing for them to do would have been to laugh you out of the showroom, but fair play to them they treated you with respect as you were a potential customer.

For all they knew you could've been looking to buy an R8 GT.

Good luck this time around.

That reminds me of when I went into Lamborghini Birmingham to look at an Aventador I'm thinking of purchasing from there. To give you an idea I'm realitivly well dressed person, but wasn't dressed up particularly smart/slightly dirty clothes and the occasional dog hair however to put it in more of a perspective I am only 22, and look younger than it if we're honest..
I inquired about the car, the guy was busy so I waited a while, they offered me drinks and then another sales guy came out, we chatted about the car and other things, not until probably after half an hour he politley asked my age and wasn't at all dismisive..
I'd of thought that they would send a kid away quite quickly but not at all so when I do purchase one in the next couple of weeks I'll defiantely be doing it through them due to their service..

Someone I know works for a local sports club and they tell me the club's Media Dept. have software that flags any Internet comments that mentions said club by name! It works across all social media (inc. Facebook, Twitter & Forums) & someone is employed to actually sit at a computer all day and report anything bad that is flagged. The person told me they will also sift through previous posts\comments to find a person's true identity, or they may be able to get it from the host ..although what they would then do with the information would probably depend on the severity of the comments made.

I'm sure Audi's Media Dept's are much bigger than my local sports club, so it would make sense for them to have something of a similar nature! it's also feasible that there could be a member on here that is in fact an Audi Spy. :ninja:

Looks like were going to have to go underground. Off the radar :ninja:

Reactions: mozza1202
It is terrible behavior, I am not suprised that it's happened before. Did you remove the post in the end?

It could all be a blessing in disguise really as I wanted this before the S3,

Audi RS4 Avant 4.2 quattro Avant for sale

Drove 2hrs up to Cambridgeshire and fell in love, sadly it was declined by Audi finance but have asked my broker if they would renegotiate the terms of my current agreement for this instead.

As i said in a previous post don't really need an estate and the running costs are high but if i can't get the keys to the smaller, less costly to run car then sod it might as well try to get a good outcome out of all this

Vindis were a pleasure to deal with, was there 3 hours including test drive, 4 tea's, polite to me regardless of my tracksuit and hoody attire and decent human beings!

We shall see if it gets accepted this time!

Sorry to hear you're still having grief from them. Get your deposit back and get the RS4 (beautiful looking car). I wouldn't deal with a company that threatens legal action. You didn't do anything wrong. Hopefully Audi UK can offer something, even if it's only an apology for this dealerships behaviour.

Trading standards duty officer I say...
Having failed that then Citizens Advice Bureau...
and to top it off... a complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman

That ought to do it.
Can't mess with the FSO when it comes to these things.

I have nothing to say other than shocking. I thought car dealerships had gone past all this bull**** about age and what people wear.. Never judge a book and all that...

I did mention on the op's orginal thread that my mate had bought an Audi A5 from Lowestoft Audi and they did him a good deal, service included and all that... His oil low warning light came on at the weekend a week after buying it....??? Service my ***, no better than any small independant garages in my opinion..

Last edited:
His oil low warning light came on at the weekend....??? Service my ***, no better than any small independant garages in my opinion..

That's a little unfair to judge them by an oil low warning, it could be a sensor or wiring fault, even a leak that has come up, although usually it would be just low.

My advice is, he should ring & advise, tell them he intends to top up if need be & watch the level, if it doesn't drop again fast, then challenge them about the service not done.

That's a little unfair to judge them by an oil low warning, it could be a sensor or wiring fault, even a leak that has come up, although usually it would be just low.

My advice is, he should ring & advise, tell them he intends to top up if need be & watch the level, if it doesn't drop again fast, then challenge them about the service not done.

Its in today for a check up, it was low.. After having it a week though and it having been just serviced by them you wouldnt expect it to be low... Unless like you said there is a leak but I cant imagine it will be that on a 3 year old 30k Audi..

I took mine in and they didnt advise on the Haldex oil that had never been changed, its only because I saw it on here that I questioned it... Audi-Sport saved my life :)))

Thanks for the replies guys,

This morning i gave them a chance/option to agree on an amicable resolution, manager would not sell the car to me, apologize or compromise.

I am just astounded that the manager does business this way.

Just got off the phone to Audi uk, they were helpful and concerned about this.

Fingers crossed they will be punished for this like i have been punished by them for an honest customer review.

Shocking tbh, I'd like that old thread back up asap, absolutely disgusted by that service.

Reactions: bigal23
Absolutely shocking. That manager sounds like a right ****!

If you've got your deposit back, I'd get the old thread back up.

No deposit returned yet, the dealer are not happy about this post either or the one saying about putting an offer on an s3.

Apparently i shouldn't have an opinion or voice my opinion, if they believe it's lies then it wouldn't bother them but their actions have proved undoubtedly everything i have said about them and concreted it, perhaps even worsened their appeal to anyone who uses the forum.

Good job guys lol :)

Reactions: TonyH38
If I was you, I would stay on course, they have no legal right to withhold your money, you expressed an opinion of there treatment, they cant hold that against you legally, as its all based on fact.

I would also find out who owns the dealership & contact there head office/MD & make them aware of the treatment received & unless you have anyother business planned with them, a good old rant in the dealership may be required in front of some prospective customers, I normally wouldn't advise this, but I find there treatment of you absolutely diabolically disgusting infact, to the point that any respect of them or there business shouldn't matter going forward, you have good ground, so IMHO do what you feel you must.

this sounds about right, when I got my S3, I had problems, posted a thread on here, audi UK facebook. Once I picked the car up, the politely asked if I made sure I mentioned I was happy with the car.

i were shocked that they knew I'd posted anything...

With luck audi uk will see what terrible service has been received & deal with it forthwith, that dealer should be ashamed of themselves, really.

Someone I know works for a local sports club and they tell me the club's Media Dept. have software that flags any Internet comments that mentions said club by name! It works across all social media (inc. Facebook, Twitter & Forums) & someone is employed to actually sit at a computer all day and report anything bad that is flagged.

Anyone can set up a Google Alert for any keywords they are interested in.

Add another spot of positive feedback for Vindis Cambridge - they made buying my RS3 a much better experience than my local dealership offered.

Thank you for you're support NHN, the owner is ridgeway group who are huge, i can't find any contact details for the head office other than an address at the moment.

I have lodged a complaint through ridgeway group and assured it will be passed to the top for review.

trading standards have a mail ready for them in the morning and Audi uk will be back in touch within 2 days after the complaint is reviewed.

That should get the ball rolling for starters, i am trying to keep as much correspondence as possible, just a shame i didn't record the threat as i didn't think it would come to that.

Hopefully their calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes if they try to say i am a liar and making it all up which wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: TonyH38
this sounds about right, when I got my S3, I had problems, posted a thread on here, audi UK facebook. Once I picked the car up, the politely asked if I made sure I mentioned I was happy with the car.

i were shocked that they knew I'd posted anything...

Ninjas browsing the forums!

I would happily rate Audi the company themselves for the products they deliver but the ****** dealers selling them won't even sell me one! how stupid is that!

One would hope Audi Uk are also fuming about the fact i am an Audi customer/enthusiast being denied an Audi product due to a manager dealing with a matter personally instead of professionally.

I would ring head office by selecting live chat on the website below & asking for head office number, dont say for complaint, just say for something else, then when you get through ask to speak with the chairman or a director as highlighted below:

https://livechat.boldchat.com/aid/6...guid=jrvqoc2vi4jo5tpdg40dqv7as713654475364513

This may help when discussing with them about there service levels:

Find Out About Us | Ridgeway Group

Quoted from that page:

As well as providing the finest quality cars for some of the biggest brand in passenger car and commercial vehicles, we
are totally committed to our customers, aiming in sales, service, parts and fleet to provide an unrivalled level of care and
attention – and the best offers.

The business is headed up by Chairman, David Newman, Chief Executive Officer John O’Hanlon and Jon Head, Group Operations Director and employs over 1,000 staff across Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, West Sussex, Wiltshire and Dorset and is dedicated to offering customers the highest levels of quality, both in product and services.

We understand the customer's high expectations for their vehicle and our dealerships. Our staff care as passionately
about the people as they do about the cars, trucks and vans and we ensure that our customers receive individual attention
and the very highest standards of care.

This part is especially funny based on your experience:

From the moment a customer walks into a Ridgeway showroom or contacts a Ridgeway Group dealer they become part
of the Ridgeway family. It soon becomes apparent that from sales, to parts, to servicing, to fleet, you won't trust your vehicle with anyone else.

Last edited:
That should get the ball rolling for starters, i am trying to keep as much correspondence as possible, just a shame i didn't record the threat as i didn't think it would come to that.

Request copies of all materials which refer to you under Article 7 of the Data Protection Act. Be sure to request copies of any emails. You will need to apply in writing; they should be able to give you form to do this.

Oh dear I don't think the head will be happy that none of the above happened regarding service and care.

Trouble is acting the way he has i am sure he has my address and would probably try to seek revenge if he got sacked.

Can't take a bad review about poor business imagine how he'd react to the sack?!