Who are you insured with?

ENZO

Reaction score
Hi,
im looking at changing my insurer, currently with ecar but my premium has gone up this year even with no claims.

Any recommendations?

Give flux a go mate, they are a good broker

Just insured mine with all mods declared with Greenlight Insurance

Was looking at them, got a quote of £788.53 for an 07 S3.

Though i was unsure about this:
"Quote Subject to you having owned, drivin and insured a comparable performance car."

as im going from a standard 1.4 golf to either an A3 170 or an S3

Was looking at them, got a quote of £788.53 for an 07 S3.

Though i was unsure about this:
"Quote Subject to you having owned, drivin and insured a comparable performance car."

as im going from a standard 1.4 golf to either an A3 170 or an S3

that bit I cant help you with sorry :(

i did find them very helpful and they were over £100 cheaper than other insurers and I have a very comprehensive policy :)

best thing to do is to ring them and speak to them :)

Sainsburys Bank, 1100 for an S3. Only 21 with 3 years NCB

really?
i get this lol (and this is for an 05 TDI 2.0 Quattro S Line)

2vD61

dont understand that, i have 4 years no claims and just one conviction - SP30

really?
i get this lol (and this is for an 05 TDI 2.0 Quattro S Line)

2vD61

dont understand that, i have 4 years no claims and just one conviction - SP30

hmmm, try doing it through money supermarket.com

it gave it me cheapest that way. Also makes it cheaper by putting both my parents on as names drivers

Reactions: ENZO
Am with Sky. They are great! Not the cheapest but by far the best customer service and extremely low excess. Think £100 compared to minimums required on price comparison sites.

I got the best quote with Tesco. Im 26, had a few bumps, £900 fully comp for my 06 2.0T

RAC £380 31 year old and 28 year old wife 8 years no claims audi s3

I'm with admiral who have always given good prices for me. 09 S3 at 24 with 6 years no claims £630 for the year.

Greenlight know the s3 well speak to Neil my insurance is 500 stage 1 and mods declared beat everyone by 100+

I've been with Admiral for about 5 years now as friendly with up to 6 mods and always price match cheaper quotes. I'm 38 with full NCD and pay £399 for a 2012 S3 but £70 of that is the price I pay for having a 25 yr old girlfriend :icon_thumright:

Esure was about £550 with 9years no claims...

I've been with elephant and admiral for a while and always cheapest for me. £700 '12 S3. 3yr NCB.

With tesco im i sured on my dads name im 21 with three years driving experience for an outrageous price of £1800 i love being ripped off

Looking at this, I have got such a good price for the S3. I would have had it cheaper as well but I lost 9 months of NCB when switching policy from Aviva to Sainsburys :(

Elephant (I Know, I know) - £1070 // 07 S3 Stage2+ / 22 years old / 0 NCB (been out of the country + not driving for 2 years so lost my previous NCB)

I've heard some nightmare reviews about Elephant/Admiral Group but they've been pretty good so far.

Reactions: ENZO
Haven't had to make a claim, so can't really judge one company against an other, but I'm with Admiral as they've always offered me the best deal (apart from the first year with Direct-Line, who were pretty rubbish for allowing modifications).

Elephant (I Know, I know) - £1070 // 07 S3 Stage2+ / 22 years old / 0 NCB (been out of the country + not driving for 2 years so lost my previous NCB)

I've heard some nightmare reviews about Elephant/Admiral Group but they've been pretty good so far.

thats a pretty good price for an s3 at 22. Especially with the stage 2

I'm 29 (30 soon), 0 NCB (same, out the country lost 4 years NCB), A3 150bhp and I'm paying £1200 through Admiral. I must have a really bad post code and it's social only and parked on the street.

thats a pretty good price for an s3 at 22. Especially with the stage 2

Yeah was very surprised - have made sure all modifications on there aswell

I'm 29 (30 soon), 0 NCB (same, out the country lost 4 years NCB), A3 150bhp and I'm paying £1200 through Admiral. I must have a really bad post code and it's social only and parked on the street.

I'm in SE26 and parked in a private car park next to my building - I used CTM to find the cheapest insurance whilst I was shopping for my car and found that even though 2 cars are exactly the same year/spec the insurance can differ by up to £200 when putting in the reg... not too sure why.

2001 A3 1.8T with Admiral for £350 I'm 29 / Full NCB / Fully comp

it is interesting seeing the variation in prices in this thread.
24/m/4yrs no claims 58 tdi140 £800 through KWI.

4 years ncb, 3 points, 30+ age, driving since 17, high risk area, audi a3 2.0tfsi sport 8p2 s-tronic... £720 per annum with £400 excess with the A&A Group fully comp. Oh and missus is insured on it too.

Adrian flux for me £630 1.6... 5ncb no points or convictions 25 years old driving since 18

Brentacre were brilliant for my previous car and not too bad for the A3 either. 25 year old female, 4 years NCB, £490.

It's slightly more expensive than my previous MK2 Leon TFSI, but only because the A3 is a newer car.

A3 1.6 SE, £590, 20 Years Old, 3Years NCB. Price would be considerably cheaper on a car of exact same spec if it were newer.. Admiral.

My insurance has been really weird for the past few years.

My old modified mk4 Golf, cheapest I got was £1500 with Brentacre.

Bought the S3 and it halved with Aviva, £760 - but Brentacre wanted to charge me £1700+!! Crazy considering they're meant to be performance car friendly.

2 years NCB, 25, accidentent in Jan 2010, lowest risk Pcode, '10 S3.

I'm going to look elsewhere soon though as they won't be mod friendly.

What insurer would you recommend for a new driver? My cousin passed his test today, he's 21
I remember paying £2200 for mine the first year which is ridiculous.

He's after an old audi a3 / or a mk4 golf

I'm with esure. 28yr old male, 5 yrs no claims, decent post code and pay £253 protected no claims. Got a quote on 2 litre diesel Quattro sline a3 and was actually more expensive than the s3.

I know a few guys who had, for example, a £10k budget and spent £8k on a car and £2000 on insurance, instead of £9500 on the car and £500 on insurance. It depends on how much you want the car, as you will lose money in depreciation on a car, but you're just throwing money away on insurance.