Who are you insured with?

I'm ancient....but that has it's advantages.
I'm insured with Greenlight(who only handle modified cars if I'm correct),and I pay £600 for 500bhp and a host of other mods.
Now,before anyone accuses me of being smug,I was paying over £2k on a Cosworth at one time(when they were almost impossible to insure),and £600 a few yrs later on an ex-rally Cosworth,so a lot comes down to shopping around,and goiung armed with a few quotes when you negotiate.

anyone considered paying a very high voluntary excess to bring their premium right down like.....(clears throat)....£5k for a sunday car rarely used? what are the potential pros and cons of this? Sorry to slightly divert off topic but it would be interesting to hear what people have to say.

L

anyone considered paying a very high voluntary excess to bring their premium right down like.....(clears throat)....£5k for a sunday car rarely used? what are the potential pros and cons of this? Sorry to slightly divert off topic but it would be interesting to hear what people have to say.L
The problem there is that for anything other than a really major crunch,you'll be paying all of the bills.

22, 3 years NCB 2 name drivers £525 fully comp 2.0T with admiral they have been cheapest for 4th year running.

The problem there is that for anything other than a really major crunch,you'll be paying all of the bills.

thanks Alex, care to elaborate? Scenario 1. Car is vandalised and i make a claim, i would have to pay 5k before insurance company would pay a pound assuming the damage was more than 5k, otherwise make no claim and pay for the damage myself?

Scenario 2. Car is stolen would i still have to pay the 5k?

thanks Alex, care to elaborate? Scenario 1. Car is vandalised and i make a claim, i would have to pay 5k before insurance company would pay a pound assuming the damage was more than 5k, otherwise make no claim and pay for the damage myself?Scenario 2. Car is stolen would i still have to pay the 5k?
I think you'd need to clarify any of those questions with your insurance company,but I would expect you would be liable for whatever the value of the excess was,and I've always been very careful with my insurance to ensure I know where my liability ends,and theirs begins.

Reactions: Louay
I'm with Aviva - 54 reg Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport was only £499 to insure - fully comp. Not bad considering Direct Line wanted £1700 at renewal.... ha