Advice needed...

L11wne

Reaction score
I have recently remapped my 2008 s3 and the clutch is now slipping in the higher gears. I know there has been alot of posts here about replacing clutches but I was wondering if some1 could advice me on what would be the best but not too expensive. I won't be doing anymore upgrading to the car if that makes any difference.

theres a few to choose from but i fitted a helix organic to the other halfs leon cupra tdi
it wasnt cheap but it can take the torque and feels slightly heavier as its a single plate clutch biting/grab feels as standard

Thanks for the reply, did u replace the flywheel at the same time.

I have recently remapped my 2008 s3 and the clutch is now slipping in the higher gears. I know there has been alot of posts here about replacing clutches but I was wondering if some1 could advice me on what would be the best but not too expensive. I won't be doing anymore upgrading to the car if that makes any difference.

What Stg or power/torque are you running?

If you want to retain the DMF,then the Sachs organic is the best choice,but will need a bit of gentle bedding in.

Other than that,the Loba/Sachs SMF setup is excellent,and would cope with over 400lbs.

It's the bluefin stage 1 software. I thought it would of been a good idea getting it done but turns out to be a expensive 1

It's the bluefin stage 1 software. I thought it would of been a good idea getting it done but turns out to be a expensive 1

The stock clutch is basically pretty poor,and may or may not manage Stg1 torque(around 310-320lbs) without trouble,but at some point it will give up.

All of the replacements weigh in at around £1k,when you include the flywheel and labour and the dreaded VAT.