Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Lordloverocket's Avatar
    S3 Newbie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    20

    Question Front Brake Upgrade....

    Cars front brakes are looking a little worse for wear so looking at replacing these....which may as well be upgraded too. I've had a look about a few options but need to know what exactly is going to fit under my wheels I've got the standard facelift S3 18's.

    Two kits I've looked at are the Alcon 365 Advantage Extreme kit, or the Audi TTRS kit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether they will fit or not?

    Thanks in advance all

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    299
    I've fitted the rs4 brakes onto my s3. Great pedal feel. And oem looks. Well worth the money

  4. #3
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordloverocket View Post
    Cars front brakes are looking a little worse for wear so looking at replacing these....which may as well be upgraded too. I've had a look about a few options but need to know what exactly is going to fit under my wheels I've got the standard facelift S3 18's.

    Two kits I've looked at are the Alcon 365 Advantage Extreme kit, or the Audi TTRS kit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether they will fit or not?

    Thanks in advance all
    The Alcon kit will make you weep,price wise,but they are good brakes.

    What I'd do is to contact DaveB1970 who can provide you with a lot of well priced and effective solutions,although the TTRS kit is good as well.
    Others to look at include APRacing and Brembo,although you should remember that these often form the basis of OEM brakes such as the RS kit.

    Mine is a hybrid of the VWracing kit and AP,with Mintex pads.

  5. #4
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,456

  6. #5
    Lordloverocket's Avatar
    S3 Newbie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    20
    I can get a brand new set of TTRS brakes for £1250. Alcons will be circa £1600ish But will both fit under the facelift S3 Alloys? Caliper clearance etc??

    cheers gents

  7. #6
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,456
    Hi mate if you try to speak to dave ,hes the brake guru ,he will be able to answer all your questions ,and could probally sort you out with a set....

  8. #7
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    jeez alcon brakes are cheaper then Tarox's kit At abouts of 1880 pounds excl. VAT for a GT 10 pot caliper with floating discs

  9. #8
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    jeez alcon brakes are cheaper then Tarox's kit At abouts of 1880 pounds excl. VAT for a GT 10 pot caliper with floating discs
    Dont be taken in by things like how many pots on a caliper......how do you think that APRacing can manage with only 6 pots on an LMP car.
    .
    Alcon and AP are what I'd go with...or any of DaveB's recommendations.

  10. #9
    _G_
    _G_'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    869
    Brembo?

  11. #10
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Dont be taken in by things like how many pots on a caliper......how do you think that APRacing can manage with only 6 pots on an LMP car.
    .
    Alcon and AP are what I'd go with...or any of DaveB's recommendations.
    ive had tarox on my old S3 8L and to say the least after a quick check up to get a blue slip here in sydney from 240km/hr to 0 in just under 5.5 seconds for a 6 pot pistons and floating 2 piece discs its not bad at all... people some how dont like Tarox but they arent bad and they use them in Formula 1000 and 3000

  12. #11
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,110

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    The Alcon kit will make you weep,price wise,but they are good brakes.

    What I'd do is to contact DaveB1970 who can provide you with a lot of well priced and effective solutions,although the TTRS kit is good as well.
    Others to look at include APRacing and Brembo,although you should remember that these often form the basis of OEM brakes such as the RS kit.

    Mine is a hybrid of the VWracing kit and AP,with Mintex pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rs3kel View Post
    Hi mate if you try to speak to dave ,hes the brake guru ,he will be able to answer all your questions ,and could probally sort you out with a set....
    You all forget I am a dealer for Dave, he's extremely busy so you need to go via me.


    "Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

    Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

  13. #12
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    You all forget I am a dealer for Dave, he's extremely busy so you need to go via me.
    Forget....I didn't even know!

    I do know he's busy but he should be with the stuff he produces.

    Anyway....I will remember that for the next time.

  14. #13
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,110

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Send anyway my way Alex, thankyou. Can offer full brake setups and caliper refurbishment also


    "Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

    Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

  15. #14
    Lordloverocket's Avatar
    S3 Newbie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    20
    N8....what can you supply/reccomend for me? Will be sticking with the stock S3's Wheels for now (Facelift ones) so bare that in mind

    cheers bud

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    46
    n8 private message sent, as not wanting to hijack this thread.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Front brake upgrade time!!
    By A3Tom in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 24th April 2011, 20:06
  2. S3 Front brake upgrade options and prices please
    By Andrew@A.L.D in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd April 2011, 23:42
  3. Potential front brake upgrade for A4 B5's
    By Foxmeister in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th March 2011, 20:49
  4. Front brake upgrade?
    By unikarl in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th June 2010, 23:31
  5. front brake upgrade
    By batty in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th April 2008, 16:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO