2.0T Remap?

I

imported_Spin140

Anyone had their 2.0T remapped yet ?

I am considering having mine done soon but am torn between AMD & superchips - opinions ?

The Revo maps will be available in November, the dyno results we saw about a month ago showed about 260bhp and 300lb ft of torque on 98 ron fuel.

On race fuel it was 277bhp and 315lb ft, but you wouldn't drive round on race fuel all the time would you? Unless you had money to burn........

I'm having mine done in a couple of weeks, Will report back.

[ QUOTE ]
What are the long term affects of running a chipped motor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually a large grin on the drivers face /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What are the long term affects of running a chipped motor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran a Revo'd PD150 Golf for 2 1/2 years and 45,000 miles without a hitch. One of the guys on CupraNet has had his Revo'd Leon for 108,000km.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having mine done in a couple of weeks, Will report back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's doing your's Cupra ?

I know of a few guys on Mkivs forum who have had theirs mapped by superchips and they are happy, I'm not going to consider Revo due to lack of warranty/availabilty & cost. At the moment AMD & S/Chips are both coming out at roughly the same cost for similar gains (AMD significantly higher on their rollers but in the real world both giving @ + 40BHP), leaning towards AMD as they can perform the process via S/Port - just after peoples views to include positive or negative feedback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Forge are doing mine. I've driven their demo Golf Gti which felt very good infact, as quick as my old LCR!!! which is some going. Would have gone with Revo due to previous Leon being done by them but have given up waiting for them to release it.

drove a friends superchip GTi.. felt considerably less punchy n seem to be down on power compare to mine. Difference is the cat back .. doubt it will make a very very noticable difference

Had promised myself I would make a decision today and get it booked in but am still undecisive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Have used S/chips twice in the past with very good & reliable results and also found their power claims to be accurate via an independant R/Road.
AMD perform the procedure via S/port and are offering me a decent discount for repeat buisiness but do not offer such a comprehensive warranty, this is probably irrelevant as I have had no issues in the past with remapping so is it ?...S/C = .".better the devil you know..." or ....AMD ="..variety is the spice of life..." ???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AmD offer a lifetime warranty on the software and 12 months on parts failing due to remap.

I think that the delay with REVO is generally because they are doing a thorough job - not a Superchips quickie.

As the REVO codes are undetectable and can be de-programmed by yourself via the code box, you still have your Audi warranty - so why do you want a poor excuse of a 3rd party warranty??? Dealers don't give a monkeys anyway, they just want the service time for the work.

Took mine to the dealers to get them to read the ECU part code - no questions asked.

I was supposed to be going for a pre-release code tomorrow at Revo, but they said its still not 100%, so I'll have to wait a week or so.

Can't wait.

[ QUOTE ]
As the REVO codes are undetectable and can be de-programmed by yourself via the code box, you still have your Audi warranty -

[/ QUOTE ]

Revo code is detectable, dont kid yourself it isn't.

Been there got the teeshirt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

any code is detectable. It really depends on how much "face" the dealer / sales give you thats all

They can always go all the way to find out, but some just don't borther if you are on good terms with them or the matter is not too serious.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the delay with REVO is generally because they are doing a thorough job - not a Superchips quickie.

[/ QUOTE ]

This implies Superchips are not as a reputable as Revo, they have been remapping/tuning for 20+ years now and the reason they have the know how is the technical director purchased a 2.0T as soon as it came out rather than practice on a customers car, granted they haven't quite cracked the SPS route but it is being worked on and will be available in the near future. My personal opinion is that the major players on the tuning front are on equal standing and the one we select usually comes down to personal preference based on the following factors..

1) Previous Experience

2) Reliability

3) Location/Price.

I also considered RSD who provide the Ooetinger remap complete with full VAG approved warranty but ruled this out once I had discovered the process is identical to the one used by S/C and costs £200 more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif - On the other hand worth the money if worried about the map being detectable by your dealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif