Removing Front Audi Badge.

Kaza

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Audi-Sport and have performed a few searches prior to posting this. Only things I have found are people who have bought a completely new grille!

I have a 2010 A3 Sportback and I'm looking to change the front, chrome Audi badge to a gloss black one to match my grille.

Has anyone removed the front badge previously, if so, how did you go about it? Does it pop out or is it stuck onto the grille itself?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
paint it... start with 150 grit. Work your way up to about 220. It's time consuming. Use 600 grit to smooth down. clean it. wet sand. prime it with a few coats of primer. wet sand the primer. wait for it to dry. spray gloss black. dry.... few coats of clear coat and job done.

otherwise iirc its secured with strong tabs. use a screw driver to prize away but take your time as you don't want to damage anything. if the clips don't give way then don't force it. it takes a bit of force and patience but not brute force.

post a pic of the finished product ;)

Hi, thanks for your response!

I was going to consider painting it but ideally it would have to be removed to be painted (to do a really good job). Plus as the car is a daily, I wouldn't like to be driving about with the missing badge for a couple of days (wouldn't look too attractive!).

I have already purchased a gloss black badge, just wanted to swap them over really!

I will have a look today and see if it can be prized off, as I'm doing a really good clean up of the car.