Indy's and Forum Members are the best!

Matt412

Reaction score
Just got my car back from the garage after taking it in to investigate a vibration problem. I've only had the car 5 weeks and luckily it came with a warranty. Prior to doing this, I had searched this forum for clues as to what the problem might be with things from Driveshafts to CV Joints, Oil Pumps and even MAF sensors coming up as possible problems.

I came across one topic which suggested the problem was with the Inner CV joint or Driveshaft. I told my mechanic what the problem was and thankfully it was re-created when he drove it and he felt it was the driveshaft although looking at it, it appeared to have been replaced fairly recently.
He then decided that it was possible the Inner CV joint needed replacing and once removed it was bone dry, no grease there at all. Replaced with a Genuine Audi part and the car now drives like a dream and the warranty covered it all so no cost to me :)

The combination of great knowledge and input from members on here and a Master Technician at my Indy have made this whole process pretty painless and although I don't want any more problems with my car, it's good to know that the expertise is close by when I need it.

Glad you had a happy outcome mate. I agree, this place is very friendly and helpful and an invaluable resource when looking for advice.