2.0TFSI rusty hole

wuta3

Reaction score
Changed my spark plugs today. Cyl 1/ nearest oil cap is all rusty and the spark plug was all rusty. The others are fine, but i'm worried this will cause thread issues down the line.

I roughly recall somebody saying on 2.0TFSI it was common, as water got in to that hole somehow. Any advice on preventing this turning in to a bigger issue than it already is?

Cheers!

Thats normally a sign that someone has been jet washing/steam cleaning under the bonnet to be honest and that water has been left to stand

Thats normally a sign that someone has been jet washing/steam cleaning under the bonnet to be honest and that water has been left to stand

love the bob phlegming! classic!

could also be different spark plugs with dissimilar metals which rust over time. Or over the winter months... salt on the roads... that's another cause. for a spark plug it would be normal to rust... I would replace it and see how you get on... keep an eye on it to see how quickly it rusts if it does.

Yea replaced the plug, it is more the head/thread im worried about as that is rusty.
love the bob phlegming! classic!

could also be different spark plugs with dissimilar metals which rust over time. Or over the winter months... salt on the roads... that's another cause. for a spark plug it would be normal to rust... I would replace it and see how you get on... keep an eye on it to see how quickly it rusts if it does.