Changing Bulbs

Robcobras

Reaction score
Hi all, Ive done a search and believe me im really sorry having to resort to this.
I have had a go tonight at replacing my standard bulbs with some ive bought. How on earth do you get to all the connectors!?! I have looked to see if theres a how2 but surely it cant be that difficult I keep telling myself and have gone out 3 times to the car and still cant get my head round it. Do I need to remove the headlight to change the bulbs? Its the headlight and DRL I want to change.

Thank You and believe me I have searched and feel stupid as hell for asking!

Rob

they are dificult mate mine is a 56 plate not sure on yours if it has drl but i managed to do all main bulbs and the sidelights the sides were the worse't to do

I have undone the rubber circle gromet and seen what i need but cant get to it. Wonder if headlight removal is easier

not sure mate yours must be facelift with drl

from the looks of it mate it's a slag to do on most of the cars, i searched the threads today hoping for an easy solution but there isn't one from what i can see. i plan on doing mine tomorrow, what year is your car if there the same and i come up with an easy way i'll post it up.

Its a 59plate ill be having a go tomorrow afternoon so hopefully ill be able to give you some guidance. Between the wife and I weve had alot of cars and this is just ridiculous. Unless im missing something obvious :lol:

Hi,

Just changed all my bulbs tonight on my 59 Plate, sorry but no real easy way of doing it. I did find the car manual helped as it has diagrams showing where the lugs are and how much they need turning.

Good luck.

Will.

Hi buddy, this might sound a bit shady, but if you take your car to Halfords they fit the bulbs for 6 quid, Give them the money sit back and watch !! Man that sound *****y lol.

got headlights out and changing via wheel arches however got drl's out but will they HELL go back in!

Hi mate,
I had a go changing out the bulbs on my 2009 facelift... took me good part of an hour but finally managed it! The idea is that the groove lines up with the plastic bulb holder and headlight socket and then you push and twist it in. Just have to presevere I decided to do mine at 5:15 after work which forced me to get it done before going into work the next day... maybe you need the pressure too!