Black a3 with gun metal grey wheels?

LukeA3sline

Reaction score
Does anybody have a pic of an audi a3 (preferably s-line sportback) with gun metal grey wheels? I'm getting my 18" s-line wheels powder coated in a couple if weeks and am really tempted to do them this colour instead of just refurbing them the same colour. Cheers

not an s-line sportback but its a black car. just had them done two weeks ago

IMG_1916_zpsc16a2b83.jpg

IMG_1914_zpsebd0a6a8.jpg

IMG_1920_zpsdb245a80.jpg

Does anybody have a pic of an audi a3 (preferably s-line sportback) with gun metal grey wheels? I'm getting my 18" s-line wheels powder coated in a couple if weeks and am really tempted to do them this colour instead of just refurbing them the same colour. Cheers

I'll take a snap of mine at lunchtime and get it up Luke.

I'll take a snap of mine at lunchtime and get it up Luke.

You swapped your silver RS4's for the black edition version didn't ya mate? They are matte titanium I think not gun metal. I want mine to look like the black editions myself, although I was toying with refurbishing in gun metal or anthracite :) Not decided yet.

My local powder coater is doing a special offer at the moment, 4 wheels up to 18" powder coated in gloss black for £160. If I didn't have a black A3, I'd probably jump at that. I think a dark grey looks much better on a black car like azialex's. Looks wicked. Love the style of the wheels too.

Reactions: azialex
Love the wheels on that black S3 - making me think Turinis would look good!

Where abouts are you tempy? I'm paying £220. May be worth going somewhere else to quote, although £55 a wheel I thought was about right.

You swapped your silver RS4's for the black edition version didn't ya mate? They are matte titanium I think not gun metal. I want mine to look like the black editions myself, although I was toying with refurbishing in gun metal or anthracite :) Not decided yet.

I did indeed mate.

Poxy snowing again here as you can see, fed up with it.

Photo

have you seen shadow chrome, its a middle-ground between gunmetal/anthracite and if you get the right shade matches up with the silver wing mirrors. i recently had my wheels done in this color and was astounded with the results.

Think I brought your old silver wheels off you?? Quite Liked the black edition one's so I found a set for mine!!

Haha! I noticed you selling my old one's on here! Nice little profit by the looks of it? Fair play

Hope you're well mate.

Wanted the BE RS4's on mine but couldn't find any at a reasonable price so ended up settling for the silver ones.

Can't wait for the tyres to run down so I can get them refurbed in anthracite before sticking new rubber on!

Wanted the BE RS4's on mine but couldn't find any at a reasonable price so ended up settling for the silver ones.

Can't wait for the tyres to run down so I can get them refurbed in anthracite before sticking new rubber on!

That was going to be my plan but a set of 4 BE's came up with good tyres and for a real good price compared to what they go for on eBay and I couldn't resist. Only just noticed at the weekend that one has been refurbed after using some strong wheel cleaner on it, the laquer has got hair line cracks all over the alloy, annoying. I'll have to put up with it for the time being I think.

Haha! I noticed you selling my old one's on here! Nice little profit by the looks of it? Fair play

Hope you're well mate.
Cheers,you probably know i'm a bit of a wheeler dealer!! So when I picked up the black one's for a bit more then I give you they had to go.

Where abouts are you tempy? I'm paying £220. May be worth going somewhere else to quote, although £55 a wheel I thought was about right.

I'm in the Medway towns in Kent mate. Near Rochester. £220 all in is a pretty decent price. The place I'm looking at is £240 all in. In case you're interested it's here: Alloy Wheel Refurbishment and Repair in Kent

A mate recommended them after he got his Mazda wheels done in gun metal. The finish looks great. I'm very near Lepsons and whilst their reputation is excellent, their prices are considerably higher.

Where are you going Luke?

I did indeed mate.

Poxy snowing again here as you can see, fed up with it.

View attachment 13543

Your wheels look great mate. You must be pleased with them. If my budget would have stretched, I would have got a BE to begin with, but resorted in getting an S Line and slowly transforming it :)

AY58 002

Had these done last year gloss gun metal

I'm in the northwest tempy. So may just stick with that price. Gary do you have a pic of this mate?

View attachment 13564

Had these done last year gloss gun metal

Ah, I've seen a pic of your car before mate. Those wheels look ****** nice in gun metal. I think that's what I'm gonna go for, cheers.

Luke, I'd be interested to see how yours look on a black car when done as I won't be doing mine for a little while yet. Keep us updated please mate. Good luck :icon_thumright:

Anybody got black chrome wheels? Seen some pics of wheels in that colour and am falling in love with it! But don't know if it'll look right. Although 90% of the photos of black chrome wheels are on black cars