Winter Horror

wuta3

Reaction score
The car's only recently not been caked in snow and road salt. Pressure washed the winter grime off ...

Rust

This has gone from being some very slight paint discoloration to the above in a couple of weeks. Any ideas for how to tackle this? New door? Sand/Respray? Any recommendations for a body shop in Sheffield?

There was no paint damage/chips in this area so this comes as a bit of a shock.

Cheers!

I carnt see the picture clearly but is that corrosion?

Trying Audi under this

Body protection warranty

All current Audi vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against rust attacking the internal cavities of the bodywork for
12 years from the date of first registration.

The only preconditions are:

• The defect must be reported to a member of the Audi authorised network as soon as it is discovered. This must, of course, be
within the warranty period

• The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance, or by
external perforation from the inside out

• A member of the Audi authorised network must be advised about any perforation from the inside out immediately it is found

• All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, using only approved
parts and materials, in order to maintain the original level of anti-corrosion protection

No sure if it will get you anywhere but worth a try :)

I carnt see the picture clearly but is that corrosion?

Trying Audi under this

Body protection warranty

All current Audi vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against rust attacking the internal cavities of the bodywork for
12 years from the date of first registration.

The only preconditions are:

• The defect must be reported to a member of the Audi authorised network as soon as it is discovered. This must, of course, be
within the warranty period

• The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance, or by
external perforation from the inside out

• A member of the Audi authorised network must be advised about any perforation from the inside out immediately it is found

• All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, using only approved
parts and materials, in order to maintain the original level of anti-corrosion protection

No sure if it will get you anywhere but worth a try :)

I don't think this is on the cards due to a previous respray (which I think was hiding this ****)

Ahh.. respray, that explains it. Kinda hard to tell in a pic...Looks like you may have to rub it down then respray...