Hybrid Turbo - Turbo Dynamics or Turbo Technics??? 2.0tdi

Bramley

Reaction score
Hey,

I am looking at a Hybrid Turbo upgrade for my 2.0tdi bkd 140.

Seems there are 2 options - the Turbo Dynamics one which is more expensive by £300 but quoted 10-20 more bhp. MDX481-X Exchange Hybrid Turbo* Stage 2 for VAG 2.0TDI 140bhp [MDX481-X] - £655.00 : Turbo Dynamics, Turbochargers & Performance Products

Or the Turbo Technics one, which is a Garrett (only info can find) Hybrid performance - Turbo Technics

Is there any other options?? or which one have people had experience with or know of the quality etc??

Cheers

Alex

i have a turbo technics hybrid alls fine here had it on over a year

i have a turbo technics hybrid alls fine here had it on over a year

What is the drive like?? does it pick up well under 2500rpm? I have heard they can be abit sloppy.

Hi Alex,
Ive had a hybrid on my V6 tdi for over 18 months and it has performed very well. Pm me if you want details of what upgrades and who build it for me and it wasn't expensive considering the difference from standard
Cheers
Carl

Speak to Dan (named beach buggy on here) as he builds great hybrids for us over on the 8L section. Maybe he could do a great hybrid for you to? worth a shot!

Do you have the specs of that hybrid Turbo Dynamics hybrid ? As far as i know they do poor matching of the compressor wheel and keep the original turbine, they do just clip the blades to stop the turbo from over-speeding ! To get a decent hybrid you need to upgrade the turbine so you limit the EGT and minimize surges. I will have a couple hybrids for 1.9/20 and 2.5 V6 tdi engines soon, they will feature uprated turbines with extended tip technology and new compressor wheels also of the latest technology with extended tips and larger trims ! These turbos will require custom tuning so i could also offer that as well as a package !
Most common hybrids for the 1.9 and 2.0Tdi engines are the gt1752v good for 180bhp or gt1756v good for 200Bhp, or gt2052v for 220 Bhp or gt2056v for 250 Bhp... all will need supporting mods: free flowing exhaust/DPF delete and larger injectors for over 220 Bhp ! Custom tune is mandatory and the smaller hybrids may need new clutches as well, the way the torque is delivered will munch the stock clutch in short time !

Do you have the specs of that hybrid Turbo Dynamics hybrid ? As far as i know they do poor matching of the compressor wheel and keep the original turbine, they do just clip the blades to stop the turbo from over-speeding ! To get a decent hybrid you need to upgrade the turbine so you limit the EGT and minimize surges. I will have a couple hybrids for 1.9/20 and 2.5 V6 tdi engines soon, they will feature uprated turbines with extended tip technology and new compressor wheels also of the latest technology with extended tips and larger trims ! These turbos will require custom tuning so i could also offer that as well as a package !
Most common hybrids for the 1.9 and 2.0Tdi engines are the gt1752v good for 180bhp or gt1756v good for 200Bhp, or gt2052v for 220 Bhp or gt2056v for 250 Bhp... all will need supporting mods: free flowing exhaust/DPF delete and larger injectors for over 220 Bhp ! Custom tune is mandatory and the smaller hybrids may need new clutches as well, the way the torque is delivered will munch the stock clutch in short time !

Drop me PM with more info on please bud.

I.E Cost, Warranty etc etc

I ran a Turbo Dynamics MD376 on my pd150 and it was amazing. The way that thing spooled was unreal, with less lag than the oem unit. It made approx 195bhp at 1.9 bar which seems to be the limit for these uniits.

The stage 2 turbo dynamics is what im going for as soon as my turbo decides to start to die and running 1.8 bar should get me 230bhp+ with all my mods, also i have purchased a forge cooler which is still to be fitted which should so increases of 5-15bhp, i say go for the turbo dynamics stage 2 or stage one if you dont want as much power