Is the 8p3 S-tronic a 7 speed dry clutch?

G

_G_

Was thinking about going A4 B8 in a few months but the missus has kindly allowed me to extend my love for the Audi A3 and she will have the B8 instead. So we hope to get two used cars on finance in a few months with a good amount of part-exchange.

Just wondering if the new s-tronic is any good?

I had problems with a VW Polo 6R DSG (7 speed) in 2009. The gearbox used to make all sorts of whirring noises, thumps, judders and jolts. IT was in short... the worse auto box I had ever used. Dear Lord, I hope it is not the same box in the 8p3!

i ahve the 7 speed mechatronic unit in my golf with no issues whatsoever i find it to be a cracking box, perhaps you got unlucky?

i dont think its the same box in the a3 though

6 speed wet clutch in the A3.
Seems from day one on introduction, many complain about the quality of gearchange of the 7 speed.

I find the 7 Speed S-Tronic box in my missus 1.4 A3 very jolty but then it got to a point where the gears were not changing correctly and it would judder the whole car they replaced the clutch under warranty and now its as smooth as a babies bum.

Was thinking about going A4 B8 in a few months but the missus has kindly allowed me to extend my love for the Audi A3 and she will have the B8 instead. So we hope to get two used cars on finance in a few months with a good amount of part-exchange.

Just wondering if the new s-tronic is any good?

I had problems with a VW Polo 6R DSG (7 speed) in 2009. The gearbox used to make all sorts of whirring noises, thumps, judders and jolts. IT was in short... the worse auto box I had ever used. Dear Lord, I hope it is not the same box in the 8p3!

Depends on the engine, the 2.0 both petrol & Tdi are 6 speed wet clutches and the smaller engines, 1.2, 1.4's etc are the 7 speed dry clutches which don't get as good reviews

Ahhh I see... so the 1.8 must be a dry clutch 7 speed then. One to avoid I think.