EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Best Handsfree Option?

I have a late 2008 TDI 170 Sport fitted with Audi Concert Stereo (Bose) and 6 cd changer. However, I really need a handsfree kit. I don't know where to start looking or what my best options are. I want a tidy install so needs to be a permanent fitting. Not sure if I should go down the "parrot" route or change the whole system and keep it OEM. Any help is appreciated. THANKS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I just got an Alpine bluetooth / iphone / ipod usb stereo, rigged the microphone wire under the dash, up the side of pillar to the top of the windscreen - smart little set - really good quality sound when on the phone.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after..?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
    I just got an Alpine bluetooth / iphone / ipod usb stereo, rigged the microphone wire under the dash, up the side of pillar to the top of the windscreen - smart little set - really good quality sound when on the phone.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after..?
    sounds nice mate, is it a double din set up?

Neutral

Status
    Mine was single din Audi Concert, with mine being a 54 reg apparently Audi did a different set up for this year only - so had a job finding the right leads for the back. Got there in the end though and it's pretty sweet. Think Alpine have some nice double din systems too - the ones with the big screen are awesome if you fancy stretching your money a bit further!

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was single din Audi Concert, with mine being a 54 reg apparently Audi did a different set up for this year only - so had a job finding the right leads for the back. Got there in the end though and it's pretty sweet. Think Alpine have some nice double din systems too - the ones with the big screen are awesome if you fancy stretching your money a bit further!
    Cool, yeah I have a double din so would want to stick with that. Want to keep the Bose speakers though, do you think that would be possible with an Alpine unit?

Neutral

Status
    Yeah I'm told that you can keep your Bose set up, just need to make sure you get the correct leads for the back otherwise it won't power all the speakers. Car Audio Direct . com is pretty good, can always speak to them with your reg number etc matey

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If its economics at play here then maybe consider non oem, but nothing looks or fits better than oem, but that comes at a cost too, only you can decide on what's best for you fella, but if oem is preferred, give me a shout.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I'm told that you can keep your Bose set up, just need to make sure you get the correct leads for the back otherwise it won't power all the speakers. Car Audio Direct . com is pretty good, can always speak to them with your reg number etc matey
    Thanks mate will have a look around, its early days yet, just getting ideas etc before I take the plunge.
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    If its economics at play here then maybe consider non oem, but nothing looks or fits better than oem, but that comes at a cost too, only you can decide on what's best for you fella, but if oem is preferred, give me a shout.
    Thanks for your advice, I would like to keep OEM if possible but if there is a mega price difference then would think about aftermarket.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thing is, nothing really streamlines like oem imho, it looks, integrates & does the job as you want it too without to much fuss as such.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Thing is, nothing really streamlines like oem imho, it looks, integrates & does the job as you want it too without to much fuss as such.
    Yeah I know what you mean, keeps everything tidy.

4th Gear

Status

Best Handsfree Option?

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/as...asteroid-smart

Ive been waiting for a chance to install one of these. If u dont see urself ever using cds again then defo go for this. Parrot bluetooth kits are pretty sweet as it is but to have it in a double din like this with all the features it has is even better. Check out then vids on the tube.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    ASTEROID Smart - Navigation, Apps, multimedia and Bluetooth® hands-free

Ive been waiting for a chance to install one of these. If u dont see urself ever using cds again then defo go for this. Parrot bluetooth kits are pretty sweet as it is but to have it in a double din like this with all the features it has is even better. Check out then vids on the tube.
    That is pretty smart

1st Gear

Status
    There's a Motorola kit half price at Halfrauds at the mo bud if this set up is any good for you, reviews are pretty good for a kit that is now half price Halfords | Motorola TK30 Bluetooth Car Kit

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
    There's a Motorola kit half price at Halfrauds at the mo bud if this set up is any good for you, reviews are pretty good for a kit that is now half price Halfords | Motorola TK30 Bluetooth Car Kit
    if u go for a stand alone kit then theres a couple things to take into consideration:

- u'll need an SOT lead which can vary in price depending on what ur standard system is in ur car (non-bose, bose etc)
    - sound quality won't be anywhere near as good as what it can be if u were to go with an aftermarket head unit (trust me i've done a few parrots into amp'd cars)
    - if ur gonna consider the tk30 then u may aswell go for a parrot mki9100/9200. this is mainly what i install as a bluetooth HFK and it takes a steaming hot one all over the tk30.
    - to go for an aftermarket system u'll probably need ~£100 worth of parts before uve got to the stereo and then u need to consider ur fitting cost on top of that.
    - if u go with a HFK ur probably looking at about 2-300 all in.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, I see what you mean Sidhu88, Halfrauds do the Mki9200 for £149 with £49 fitting, bargain??

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean Sidhu88, Halfrauds do the Mki9200 for £149 with £49 fitting, bargain??
    It was 29.99 until recently. Its the SOT lead thats gonna cost u alot and halfords only list a SOT976 which is a general VAG lead. It all depends on what system u have in the car, and what year the car is. I'll help u find the correct lead. Whereabouts do u live if u dont mind me asking?
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

1st Gear

Status
    Nottinghamshire, Retford to be exact sidhu88.