59 Plate Sports Back Centre Console

wjam29

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the centre console area between the seats? I want to remove the 3.5mm Aux connection and change it for a USB connector but cannot get it to come out. I have found an aftermarket USB socket that should do the trick but did wonder if there was a Audi part that would fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks

Will.

Hi,

Any ideas anyone? Seems the AUX socket is fairly secure.

Many Thanks

Will.

This guide will show you how to get the centre console off. It's for fitting a start button but it shows where all the bolts are. audiretrofit-rs4startbutton - Audi Retrofit

One thing I would say is that there is no need to remove the Air con unit to remove the grab handles. You can easily get to the hex bolts at the back using a socket extension.

Can't help you on the part though. I used the guide to do the non-smoking pack. Didn't need to remove the centre console in the end as the power socket came up from the top.

Hi,

Many Thanks for that. Was hoping I could pop the Aux socket out from above but it seem pretty well fitted :-(

Cheers

Will.

Hi,

Many Thanks for that. Was hoping I could pop the Aux socket out from above but it seem pretty well fitted :-(

Cheers

Will.

You should take a trip down to your local Audi garage and ask them to look for the part. Their schematic diagrams give you a good idea of how the parts are fitted. ie. if they come from the top or bottom. That's how I discovered the socket was in from the top on mine.

Hi,

Yep good idea, might call in on my way home. This is what I will be fitting in its place:-

auxusb_01.jpg

So I can use the USB on the back of the Alpine headunit.

Many Thanks

Will