New 18" and Tyres.... What you guys think??

I

imported_tobycruse

Hey all,

I have been thinking of getting new wheels for a while know as i have scuffed all my alloys at the moment and instead of having them refurbished i thought i would get some new ones. These are the ones im thinking of getting:
807.jpg

What does everyone think??

I also need to get some tyres. Any suggestions?? From the site the best tyres i can get are the Toyo Proxes T1-S, are these any good?

I have 17's on my car at the moment, is there anything else i need to consider?

They are a gorgeous looking wheel! Are they doing them in the correct offset now then? When I looked before you could only get them in a 35mm offset.

Didn't someone else on here have rubbing issues with a set of 18"s with a 35mm offset?

J.

They are replicas of those... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Yep, great wheels! I was debating whether to get some myself when I was looking at getting a 2.0T Sport before they bought out the 2.0T S-Line.

Ah, ok, can someone please explain what offset is????

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, ok, can someone please explain what offset is????

[/ QUOTE ]
Count me in. Dont you just need the right number of holes to put nuts into?

(Can you tell I'm new to this lark)

Ps Forgot to mention ...TOP Wheels. Go on How Much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Nice wheels, think i like the MTM ones better tho

Now they look SPOT ON /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Very nice neat and tidy.
Not OTT just spot on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok, i want them, but the offset is only 35 not 45. What can one do to correct this, can u buy spacers??

Also what tyers should i get with them?? Are toyo's any good??

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, i want them, but the offset is only 35 not 45. What can one do to correct this, can u buy spacers??

Also what tyers should i get with them?? Are toyo's any good??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put spacers on they'll stick out even farther... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif Lower ET means wheel sticks out more, higher ET mean wheel is inset more. Standard wheels are 54 or 56 so 45 will stick out 10mm more each side, plus OEM wheels are 7.5inch wide and most reps are 8inch so thats another 6mm a side.