JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Ben S3 8P3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bury//Manchester//Leeds
    Posts
    313

    Facebook S3 owners/audi-sport users

    I am relatively new to the forum still even though I have had my S3 now for 6 months, and only know a few people on here. Ive already spoke to a few young S3 owners on Facebook and its good to chat about problems/plans/mods etc

    Before my S3 I had a Corsa 1.3 Limited Edition for MPG and cheap insurance, and was on Corsa-dUK/VXRonline and met a lot decent people on there.

    If any fellow S3 owners or anyone on the forum wants to post links to their Facebook to get to know people better etc it could be good. No worries if you don't like people on Facebook from forums...

    anyway.... heres a link to mine if anyone wants to add me, feel free

    https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280
    I'm going to throw this out there as I'm new as well but a couple of people have told me that this forum can be very cliquey...

    not sure how true that is, just what I've heard.

  4. #3
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,453
    I can say that i havent noticed the forum being cliquey, and as a moderator on here i am in every section of the forum, every day. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    299
    I've beenon this forum for about a year now and all I can say is there is a wealth of great advice and some really good guys and girls on here. I hope you find the same to be true. Wot mods have you got planned for your motor

  6. #5
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Hi ben i,m sure i seen your car in windermere last year

  7. #6
    Ben S3 8P3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bury//Manchester//Leeds
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Rs3kel View Post
    Hi ben i,m sure i seen your car in windermere last year
    Hi! Was it in October by any chance? I drove it up to the Lakes on my birthday, on the day I picked it up, love the area and roads up that way!
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

  8. #7
    Ben S3 8P3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bury//Manchester//Leeds
    Posts
    313
    Its funny actually because more people have said that, and I also saw two S3's myself!
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

  9. #8
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Yeah its was and wow what a car ,this was the same colour as my first s3 ,stunning ..

  10. #9
    Jonse's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    376
    Hey im newish to the forum aswell.

    I went to my first regional meet yesterday and all the guys were great and welcoming. Its worth attending meets as i find loads of little mods i wouldnt of thought of that i would now do to mine.

  11. #10
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,360

    Facebook S3 owners/audi-sport users

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I can say that i havent noticed the forum being cliquey, and as a moderator on here i am in every section of the forum, every day. x
    Absolutely right.

    I joined here a while back before starting to modify my car and have always found this place to be friendly and helpful.

  12. #11
    martinivw's Avatar
    :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TheShire
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_jones2002 View Post
    I'm going to throw this out there as I'm new as well but a couple of people have told me that this forum can be very cliquey...

    not sure how true that is, just what I've heard.
    Not at all!!!
    Probably one of the best forums available, nearly everyone will chip in to help if they can, I don't half pester users for advice , recommendations, or just general help and nearly always get an answer very quickly. There must be a few users on here sick to the back teeth of me pestering them, but they still help me out,
    I do help out too when I can
    it is MUCH appreciated

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,613

    My Social Networking

    Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    There are groups of people who are all mates in real-life, but I wouldn't really call that cliquey.

    Also, I sold my S3 in November and deleted my facebook back in May, so don't think I qualify for this
    Hunt is over

    1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

  14. #13
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,453
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    Not at all!!!
    Probably one of the best forums available, nearly everyone will chip in to help if they can, I don't half pester users for advice , recommendations, or just general help and nearly always get an answer very quickly. There must be a few users on here sick to the back teeth of me pestering them, but they still help me out,
    I do help out too when I can
    it is MUCH appreciated
    Thank you Martin. I have always found you to be a very helpful member who helps others out. I find we have an awful lot of these members on site and make the whole forum experience a great knowledge base for most things audi related. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  15. #14
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Thank you Martin. I have always found you to be a very helpful member who helps others out. I find we have an awful lot of these members on site and make the whole forum experience a great knowledge base for most things audi related. x
    I've often said that without this forum and a couple of others that I would never have done anywhere near as much to my car,or found all of the right people to do the work,so I can totally agree with this.

    The help and encouragement here is excellent.

  16. #15
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,453
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I've often said that without this forum and a couple of others that I would never have done anywhere near as much to my car,or found all of the right people to do the work,so I can totally agree with this.

    The help and encouragement here is excellent.
    And thats why we are the best Audi forum Alex. One big happy family (mostly) x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  17. #16
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    And thats why we are the best Audi forum Alex. One big happy family (mostly) x
    There's always going to be the odd one who tries to mix things about,but like you say,we mostly get on very well,and it's great when we all have a meet up somewhere.

  18. #17
    thebluefox's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    There are groups of people who are all mates in real-life, but I wouldn't really call that cliquey.
    What...you mean this isn't real life!?



    Everyone on here has been very helpful so far with me, I've been on forums that have been incredibly cliquey (cliosport, Ed38) and this certainly isn't one.
    MY10 Ibis White S3 - Black Edition

  19. #18
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Rs3kel View Post
    Yeah its was and wow what a car ,this was the same colour as my first s3 ,stunning ..
    love silver s3's, my next car what silver is this?, im thinking about monza


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  20. #19
    Ben S3 8P3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bury//Manchester//Leeds
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
    love silver s3's, my next car what silver is this?, im thinking about monza
    I think thats Ice Silver like mine, I just wish mine stood out a a bit more. Maybe powder-coated/new wheels might do that for me

    blah.jpg
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

  21. #20
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    mine will definite stand out ill pm you a pic of the plans


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  22. #21
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280
    Good to hear that what I have heard isn't the case...

  23. #22
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_jones2002 View Post
    Good to hear that what I have heard isn't the case...
    Definitely heard wrong there!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. audi-sport facebook connect
    By wibble111 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th April 2011, 20:08
  2. Hi All - Newbie S3 Owner and Audi Forum User!
    By Russ_258 in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th April 2011, 16:27
  3. Why isnt Audi-sport On Facebook!!!
    By BethLovesJellyTots! in forum General Chat
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 7th January 2011, 14:51
  4. A2 Owners at Audi-Sport
    By stuart_d in forum A2 forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2nd February 2007, 18:13
  5. MOVED: Audi-Sport.net users..........
    By Administrators in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd February 2003, 10:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO