Volks AutosBadger5
    Neutral

Status

a3 2.0 tdi s line quattro is slower?

Is there any reason why the 0-60 times and top mph is slower on the 2.0 tdi (140) than if it is not a quattro.

Also if i were to get it remapped, will any of the standard 2.0 tdi 140 remaps do or will I have to get a certain one to apply to a quattro?

Just seems a bit odd spending a bit more money on a car that will infact make it slower and worse on mpg but just give you a bit of extra grip etc

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    4 wheel drive losses are significant, plus the Quattro system is heavy.

1st Gear

Status

a3 2.0 tdi s line quattro is slower?

I have a Quattro and have never driven a 2 WD but Quattro feels really stable. It isn't much use in the summer unless your going for it but in the winter and wet it makes the difference I live just outside the Lake District so some of our roads aren't always treated with salts etc. but Quattro let me get around a lot easier when the weather comes in.

So really unless you live "off the beaten track" or drive the car hard don't bother paying for the Quattro and just stick with the 2WD

5th Gear

Status
    Wight and power distribution is slowed down but i would say its superior to the fwd cars and im saying this whilst owning a fwd SB
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's worth it to get quattro imo. Mine is quattro and i've never had a problem with traction.

I've driven the new a3, a4 and an a5, all fwd and none can put the power down properly in the wet, pulling out of turnings on near-lock etc. They don't make a fwd S3 for a reason.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've got a A3 quattro 2.0 tdi s line 170 bhp, to be honest I've driven FWD 170's and they seem faster. I think I need to get my EGR valve cleaned out, as it just seems sluggish.