S3 8P Roll on Road anybody no how to roll the 57 plate?????

NIC1985

Reaction score
been for a blast out today to rotherham to stick the S3 on the rollers but when we got there they didnt no how to get it on the rollers.

GR performance said we need to disconnect the rear wheels, now you can take a fuse out to do this on some of the models, but on mine you take the ESP fuse out and the car
just tell you to do 1 and wont start.

But then Ive also heard that if you disconnect the rear wheels and stick it on the rollers then the ECU does not allow all the power to go to the front wheels????

Anybody any ideas lads how to do this correctly and to get a TRUE reading.

As above 4 wheel drive rolling road. Wouldn't even consider putting a 4wd on a 2wd roller, it will end in tears definately.

GR performance is a 4wd Rolling Road but apparently they said it would only work if we disconnected the rear wheels from the diff???

they wouldn't even put mine on the 4WD because they said it would come up with negative figures on BHP because the 4WD system is variable meaning its front wheel drive till there is loss of traction on the front then it kicks the rear wheels in?????

got me confused anyway there's got to be someone who no Exactly how to roll these

GR performance is a 4wd Rolling Road but apparently they said it would only work if we disconnected the rear wheels from the diff???

they wouldn't even put mine on the 4WD because they said it would come up with negative figures on BHP because the 4WD system is variable meaning its front wheel drive till there is loss of traction on the front then it kicks the rear wheels in?????

got me confused anyway there's got to be someone who no Exactly how to roll these

I don't know what your tuner has experience of,but they most certainly WILL run on a 4WD rolling road,as we've had mine on one loads of times.

The Haldex may give wierd results occasionally,but only really with very high powered cars like mine,as it worked perfectly at anything up to 400bhp.

Don't know if you can do it on the 8p but I know on the 8L they disconnect the haldex fuse

Don't know if you can do it on the 8p but I know on the 8L they disconnect the haldex fuse

You can on mine so the OP should have that facility but the point is it shouldn't be necessary.

I was looking at getting my car RR to see how its going before getting some more mods.

Why would you choose to go fwd drive over having it down AWD?

What is the benefits or downside for just having it done FWD?

I was looking at getting my car RR to see how its going before getting some more mods.

Why would you choose to go fwd drive over having it down AWD?

What is the benefits or downside for just having it done FWD?

There's no good reason.

We tried mine in FWD a couple of times as the Haldex was playing havoc with the RR around the 500bhp mark.