• 1 Post By S3Alex
  • 1 Post By Brodster
  • 1 Post By S3Alex
  • 1 Post By turbonutz

Thread: HPFP options

2nd Gear

Status

HPFP options

Getting a feel for what is required for stage 2+ as stage 2 doesn't seem worth it over stage 1, especially when you look at the power graphs from revo for the different stages and the difference in hardware between them.

So for me I think it will either leave at stage 1 with a milltek cat back or go to 2+ with a TBE, HPFP and CAI.

Looks like the options for the fuel pump are to either buy the internals (£400 (autotech) to £475 (APR)) and upgrade your existing pump or buy an upgraded unit for £700-£800. Upgrading the pump doesn't look too complicated (seen a thorough step by step), although AmD will supply and fit for £600, including remapping to suit - however I assume this is only for people with at least AmD stage 1. My car will have Revo stage 1 from the dealer (Fontain are a Revo dealer, so got them to include a stage 1 in the deal).

Anyone know how much a stock fuel pump costs? Would consider buying one to upgrade, so I can revert to stock more easily. Any other options? Trawling the second hand market for as many parts as possible!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I bought my car stage 2+ already and it has the twin bucket apr HPFP on it mate. I havent really researched on what its like but the previous owner told me it was the better option and the more expensive option!

1st Gear

Status
    What about the loba hpfp ?,

2nd Gear

Status
    Loba is £495 from GNJ, also noticed GNJ do the autotech internals at £352. Awesome do the APR at £628 built (exchange for your old one). For a built pump, the LOBA one does look good value, but Autotech and APR seem to be more widely used.

Status
    Autotech is great value ,as a used one can be picked up for £200 or less and does not take long to swap over ,its what i used on my stage 2+ revo s3

1st Gear

Status
    I've always used apr stuff. Seems good quality stuff

Rarely neutral

Status
    Either the Autotech or Loba would be my choice.

I've run an Autotech for over 35 000 miles currently,with no issues,and it flows sufficient fuel for over 500bhp.

2nd Gear

Status

HPFP options

For the money a professionally built Loba has to be the best value.

Have used AmD for my old S5 and some other jobs on my old TT (which has a big turbo conversion from JBS) as they are quite local and handy if you need anything from Screwfix or Ikea!

Shame they don't do REVO anymore

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by elrao View Post
    For the money a professionally built Loba has to be the best value.

Have used AmD for my old S5 and some other jobs on my old TT (which has a big turbo conversion from JBS) as they are quite local and handy if you need anything from Screwfix or Ikea!

Shame they don't do REVO anymore
    I've never had any problems with support for my Revo software via AMD....

2nd Gear

Status

HPFP options

Maybe they still do it, but push the AmD maps as there'll be better margins on those.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by elrao View Post
    Maybe they still do it, but push the AmD maps as there'll be better margins on those.
    To be honest with you,I've never found that AMD push anything,and in fact they've often saved me money with good advice,unlike some places.

2nd Gear

Status

HPFP options

By 'push' I just meant they are advertising their maps and doing special offers etc. Not sure they even mention REVO on their website anymore?

1st Gear

Status
    I had revo done in january at AMD and was not pushed onto their mapping at all
    2010 TT RS - Sepang Blue - MRC 420BHP, 600NM

2010 Stage 2+ S-Tronic S3 BE SB in Ibis White!! ....... SOLD

Reverse Gear

Status
    Anyone know if I can go stage 2+ with hpfp but without changing the exhaust from standard. I have shark stage 1 with panel filter and loba single mass and Sachs clutch.

1st Gear

Status
    No you need the downpipe.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    As Alex stated autotech seems cheaper option and does the job im also going Autotech on my BT build

Bird is the Word!

Status
    I have the Loba purchased from GNJ and can only say I have experienced zero problems with it
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

5th Gear

Status
    I'm getting LOBA fitted next week and from what I've gathered their fuel pumps are A1 with same quality as APRs. Proven gains reasonably cheap and effective what else would you need:D.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thwaitesy View Post
    Anyone know if I can go stage 2+ with hpfp but without changing the exhaust from standard. I have shark stage 1 with panel filter and loba single mass and Sachs clutch.
    To go 2+ you would need a DP with the HPFP

But with stock DP and HPFP you can still go 1+. That should give you a good 330-335 bhp on top and a lot more power in the middle range compared to a stage 1

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    As Alex stated autotech seems cheaper option and does the job im also going Autotech on my BT build
    From my experience selling all three, APR and LOBA do deliver a better product with warranty. Autotech are fine on most builds, the problems with them normally comes from people installing them on their own and not doing it correctly. But the dealer having sold them always get the blame for that

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Autotech have in the past had many problems/failures with the internals of the HPFP compared to the rest of the competition. As said on afew posts the Loba item is highly recommended and remember to change your cam follower at the same time
    S3Alex likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Autotech have in the past had many problems/failures with the internals of the HPFP compared to the rest of the competition. As said on afew posts the Loba item is highly recommended and remember to change your cam follower at the same time
    As Kimm has said,the main reason for the problems with the Autotech internals is people who think they can build a pump up on the kitchen table.

You need to be scrupulously clean if you're going to do this,or it just won't last.

The Loba and APR offer the off-the-shelf safe solution,and as an example of a reliable Autotech,mine's clocked over 40 000 miles now.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    why change cam follower? thats got to be 1 god damn expensive bill from garage that surely?
    Pre-facelift Sprint blue Audi S3 8P with Shark Stage 3, H&R Anti roll bars, BCS Sport turboback, ITG air intake , Autotech HPFP internals, Titanium Powdercoated OEM wheels LED interior Pack LED bulbs:
    Soon to be added AP X coilovers Porsche 996 Brembo brakes with Brembo X-drilled disks (Still!!)

On hunt for engine mounts and O.Z Superturismo LMs(Maybe)

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by turbonutz View Post
    why change cam follower? thats got to be 1 god damn expensive bill from garage that surely?
    Cam follower is a really cheap part(about £50) that can wreck your engine if it gets worn and chews itself up.

As it's right there when the pump is out,it's crazy not to replace it.

2nd Gear

Status
    forget that, i was thinking it was something else ha
    S3Alex likes this.
    Pre-facelift Sprint blue Audi S3 8P with Shark Stage 3, H&R Anti roll bars, BCS Sport turboback, ITG air intake , Autotech HPFP internals, Titanium Powdercoated OEM wheels LED interior Pack LED bulbs:
    Soon to be added AP X coilovers Porsche 996 Brembo brakes with Brembo X-drilled disks (Still!!)

On hunt for engine mounts and O.Z Superturismo LMs(Maybe)