HPFP options

elrao

Reaction score
Getting a feel for what is required for stage 2+ as stage 2 doesn't seem worth it over stage 1, especially when you look at the power graphs from revo for the different stages and the difference in hardware between them.

So for me I think it will either leave at stage 1 with a milltek cat back or go to 2+ with a TBE, HPFP and CAI.

Looks like the options for the fuel pump are to either buy the internals (£400 (autotech) to £475 (APR)) and upgrade your existing pump or buy an upgraded unit for £700-£800. Upgrading the pump doesn't look too complicated (seen a thorough step by step), although AmD will supply and fit for £600, including remapping to suit - however I assume this is only for people with at least AmD stage 1. My car will have Revo stage 1 from the dealer (Fontain are a Revo dealer, so got them to include a stage 1 in the deal).

Anyone know how much a stock fuel pump costs? Would consider buying one to upgrade, so I can revert to stock more easily. Any other options? Trawling the second hand market for as many parts as possible!

I bought my car stage 2+ already and it has the twin bucket apr HPFP on it mate. I havent really researched on what its like but the previous owner told me it was the better option and the more expensive option!

Loba is £495 from GNJ, also noticed GNJ do the autotech internals at £352. Awesome do the APR at £628 built (exchange for your old one). For a built pump, the LOBA one does look good value, but Autotech and APR seem to be more widely used.

Autotech is great value ,as a used one can be picked up for £200 or less and does not take long to swap over ,its what i used on my stage 2+ revo s3 ;)

I've always used apr stuff. Seems good quality stuff

Either the Autotech or Loba would be my choice.

I've run an Autotech for over 35 000 miles currently,with no issues,and it flows sufficient fuel for over 500bhp.

Reactions: Sevv
For the money a professionally built Loba has to be the best value.

Have used AmD for my old S5 and some other jobs on my old TT (which has a big turbo conversion from JBS) as they are quite local and handy if you need anything from Screwfix or Ikea!

Shame they don't do REVO anymore

For the money a professionally built Loba has to be the best value.

Have used AmD for my old S5 and some other jobs on my old TT (which has a big turbo conversion from JBS) as they are quite local and handy if you need anything from Screwfix or Ikea!

Shame they don't do REVO anymore

I've never had any problems with support for my Revo software via AMD....

Maybe they still do it, but push the AmD maps as there'll be better margins on those.

Maybe they still do it, but push the AmD maps as there'll be better margins on those.

To be honest with you,I've never found that AMD push anything,and in fact they've often saved me money with good advice,unlike some places.

By 'push' I just meant they are advertising their maps and doing special offers etc. Not sure they even mention REVO on their website anymore?

I had revo done in january at AMD and was not pushed onto their mapping at all :)

Anyone know if I can go stage 2+ with hpfp but without changing the exhaust from standard. I have shark stage 1 with panel filter and loba single mass and Sachs clutch.

As Alex stated autotech seems cheaper option and does the job im also going Autotech on my BT build

I have the Loba purchased from GNJ and can only say I have experienced zero problems with it

I'm getting LOBA fitted next week and from what I've gathered their fuel pumps are A1 with same quality as APRs. Proven gains reasonably cheap and effective what else would you need:D.

Anyone know if I can go stage 2+ with hpfp but without changing the exhaust from standard. I have shark stage 1 with panel filter and loba single mass and Sachs clutch.
To go 2+ you would need a DP with the HPFP

But with stock DP and HPFP you can still go 1+. That should give you a good 330-335 bhp on top and a lot more power in the middle range compared to a stage 1

As Alex stated autotech seems cheaper option and does the job im also going Autotech on my BT build
From my experience selling all three, APR and LOBA do deliver a better product with warranty. Autotech are fine on most builds, the problems with them normally comes from people installing them on their own and not doing it correctly. But the dealer having sold them always get the blame for that

Autotech have in the past had many problems/failures with the internals of the HPFP compared to the rest of the competition. As said on afew posts the Loba item is highly recommended and remember to change your cam follower at the same time

Reactions: S3Alex
Autotech have in the past had many problems/failures with the internals of the HPFP compared to the rest of the competition. As said on afew posts the Loba item is highly recommended and remember to change your cam follower at the same time

As Kimm has said,the main reason for the problems with the Autotech internals is people who think they can build a pump up on the kitchen table.

You need to be scrupulously clean if you're going to do this,or it just won't last.

The Loba and APR offer the off-the-shelf safe solution,and as an example of a reliable Autotech,mine's clocked over 40 000 miles now.

why change cam follower? thats got to be 1 god damn expensive bill from garage that surely?

why change cam follower? thats got to be 1 god damn expensive bill from garage that surely?

Cam follower is a really cheap part(about £50) that can wreck your engine if it gets worn and chews itself up.

As it's right there when the pump is out,it's crazy not to replace it.

Reactions: Brodster
forget that, i was thinking it was something else ha

Reactions: S3Alex