Pipe from tandem pump :(

Reaction score
Hi guys,
anyone know what this pipe is for coming out of tandem pump?
whilst removing egr cooler today I cought this pipe which separated at a joint and lost pressure,
i have now lost turbo boost :( I don't know if its got anything to do with this or not:(
any help appreciated :)
1B9327B7-1F29-42A9-B92B-52EB9A52A3EB-1953-0000007588828A95.jpg

Its a vacuum pipe to the servo afaik.

Did you cap of the egr pipe at rear that goes to the solenoid valve block, otherwise there would be no vacuum system to operate the turbo actuator.

lol, a screw, I added new silicone lines & stuck resin in the ends to be sure.

How's the brake pedal?

How's the brake pedal?
Yes a screw lol, I don't doubt u at all Nigel, I am actually an my way home from work, when I get home I will have another look :),
Brake pedal still feels ok :)

Both vac lines blocked with R.T.V (Silicone) now, only other noticeable difference is the line from tandem pump that doesn't look like its seated properly where it broke :( , I will get to it tomorrow :)
yay :)
Its a poor picture ,I know,but just to show you guys
83CEA8BE-CE62-484F-8625-8556B44FB50D-2391-00000090811F8060.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so vac hose from egr valve blocked and one from egr cooler blocked, vac line from tandem pump joined correctly and turbo still not boosting :( WTF???

No boost at at sounds more like a split of leaking hose, have you double checked all the connections going to the EGR cooler & intercooler?

No boost at at sounds more like a split of leaking hose, have you double checked all the connections going to the EGR cooler & intercooler?
No cooler to check, it was removed as well,
I will double check vacum hose to turbo actuator as well as all other Pipework on my break ;)

i had my egr cooler and all pipe work removed the other week had a screw put in the pipe at the front of the engine that goes to egr is and water cooler pipe work changed

is there any thing else that should of been blanked of ?

Its a vacuum pipe to the servo afaik.

Did you cap of the egr pipe at rear that goes to the solenoid valve block, otherwise there would be no vacuum system to operate the turbo actuator.

i had my egr cooler and all pipe work removed the other week had a screw put in the pipe at the front of the engine that goes to egr is and water cooler pipe work changed

is there any thing else that should of been blanked of ?
yes, vacum pipe attached to cooler should have been blanked off as well as egr valve vacum pipe,
I have just re checked vac line to turbo actuator which appears to be ok along with all others , 1 thing I forgot is that I had boost for around 5 mins after first drive after removing egr valve and cooler, then I could hear very faint "siren" noise instead of very faint turbo whistle that can always usually be heard, then NO boost!!! :( WTF is going on? :(:(:(,
this is a hybrid turbo that has done few miles and is still under warranty, and has only happened after removing egr valve & cooler:(
my vacum solenoid block has been making a noise around 60secs after shutdown(although it has been doing so for a while) I wonder if this is related? Doubt it, struggling now :(
My m8 suggested due to no egr recirculaton maybe the car has gone into limp mode, I will scan for codes tomorrow

Last edited:
any pic of the vacum pipe attached to cooler that i need to bloke of ?

yes, vacum pipe attached to cooler should have been blanked off as well as egr valve vacum pipe,
I have just re checked vac line to turbo actuator which appears to be ok along with all others , 1 thing I forgot is that I had boost for around 5 mins after first drive after removing egr valve and cooler, then I could hear very faint "siren" noise instead of very faint turbo whistle that can always usually be heard, then NO boost!!! :( WTF is going on? :(:(:(,
this is a hybrid turbo that has done few miles and is still under warranty, and has only happened after removing egr valve & cooler:(
my vacum solenoid block has been making a noise around 60secs after shutdown(although it has been doing so for a while) I wonder if this is related? Doubt it, struggling now :(
My m8 suggested due to no egr recirculaton maybe the car has gone into limp mode, I will scan for codes tomorrow

where does this vacum pipe come from so i can find it

where does this vacum pipe come from so i can find it
the vac pipe was plugged in here
59499DE6-7C1F-469B-8420-456F54A767F0-4398-000001084A41F61C.jpg

and you can trace it back to solenoid valve block on bulkhead here
5341C8B0-989C-44C1-9B3C-FC88D81C1740-4398-000001086D507953.jpg

it traces back to location 3 on solenoid block,
i had a self tapper in it but blocked it with black RTV silicone when I got home
F6015A42-45DC-466E-9634-02BC20818372-4398-000001085A0AC47A.jpg

will check mine tomo not sure what garage did when they done mine

Ok so after a scan-clear and re scan I have this
FEF09EB7-78EE-4306-9076-31A05D1B137D-1700-0000005699E5BC3D.jpg

At least now I know what I have to address,
988A7BA3-CC7E-4317-9F03-0835BA7C1D73-1700-00000057021B9752.jpg

:sob:

which egr valve kit did u fit instead of egr ?

i can confirm that my number 3 pipe is blanked of with a long screw and small screw in pipe by egr valve. egr valve replaced with allard kit.

all pipework removed

no faults

what pipe number is the pipe which screw is attached to by egr valve as i may add new line as well

thanks

How's the brake pedal?

Ok so after a scan-clear and re scan I have this
FEF09EB7-78EE-4306-9076-31A05D1B137D-1700-0000005699E5BC3D.jpg

At least now I know what I have to address,
988A7BA3-CC7E-4317-9F03-0835BA7C1D73-1700-00000057021B9752.jpg

:sob:
little update, folks, tonight I removed the vacum solenoid box that is attached to bulkhead Removed a few bits to make sure electrical connections , vac hoses seated & blocked properly etc Rescanned & would u believe it , NO WARNING CODES, WTF!!!
although car still NOT boosting :banghead: ????
I can't get car on ramp till tomorrow afternoon where I hope I find a boost pipe not connected,
(fingers crossed)

that fault code is defo a leaking pipe somewhere

ok it hasnt got a small hole in it has it for a presure pipe to fit in it?

just had a quick look on there site it has a vented grub screw in it is that fitted

Last edited: