Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    :)

Status

Pipe from tandem pump :(

Hi guys,
    anyone know what this pipe is for coming out of tandem pump?
    whilst removing egr cooler today I cought this pipe which separated at a joint and lost pressure,
    i have now lost turbo boost I don't know if its got anything to do with this or not
    any help appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its a vacuum pipe to the servo afaik.

Did you cap of the egr pipe at rear that goes to the solenoid valve block, otherwise there would be no vacuum system to operate the turbo actuator.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Vac pipe from cooler blocked with screw along with vac pipe for EGR valve as well Nigel

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, a screw, I added new silicone lines & stuck resin in the ends to be sure.

How's the brake pedal?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post

How's the brake pedal?
    Yes a screw lol, I don't doubt u at all Nigel, I am actually an my way home from work, when I get home I will have another look ,
    Brake pedal still feels ok

Status
    Both vac lines blocked with R.T.V (Silicone) now, only other noticeable difference is the line from tandem pump that doesn't look like its seated properly where it broke , I will get to it tomorrow
    yay
    Its a poor picture ,I know,but just to show you guys
    Last edited by martinivw; 30th March 2013 at 21:41.

Status
    Ok, so vac hose from egr valve blocked and one from egr cooler blocked, vac line from tandem pump joined correctly and turbo still not boosting WTF???

4th Gear

Status

Pipe from tandem pump :(

No boost at at sounds more like a split of leaking hose, have you double checked all the connections going to the EGR cooler & intercooler?
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    No boost at at sounds more like a split of leaking hose, have you double checked all the connections going to the EGR cooler & intercooler?
    No cooler to check, it was removed as well,
    I will double check vacum hose to turbo actuator as well as all other Pipework on my break

6th Gear

Status
    i had my egr cooler and all pipe work removed the other week had a screw put in the pipe at the front of the engine that goes to egr is and water cooler pipe work changed

is there any thing else that should of been blanked of ?

Its a vacuum pipe to the servo afaik.

Did you cap of the egr pipe at rear that goes to the solenoid valve block, otherwise there would be no vacuum system to operate the turbo actuator.
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    i had my egr cooler and all pipe work removed the other week had a screw put in the pipe at the front of the engine that goes to egr is and water cooler pipe work changed

is there any thing else that should of been blanked of ?
    yes, vacum pipe attached to cooler should have been blanked off as well as egr valve vacum pipe,
    I have just re checked vac line to turbo actuator which appears to be ok along with all others , 1 thing I forgot is that I had boost for around 5 mins after first drive after removing egr valve and cooler, then I could hear very faint "siren" noise instead of very faint turbo whistle that can always usually be heard, then NO boost!!! WTF is going on? ,
    this is a hybrid turbo that has done few miles and is still under warranty, and has only happened after removing egr valve & cooler
    my vacum solenoid block has been making a noise around 60secs after shutdown(although it has been doing so for a while) I wonder if this is related? Doubt it, struggling now
    My m8 suggested due to no egr recirculaton maybe the car has gone into limp mode, I will scan for codes tomorrow
    Last edited by martinivw; 31st March 2013 at 17:20.

6th Gear

Status
    any pic of the vacum pipe attached to cooler that i need to bloke of ?

Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    yes, vacum pipe attached to cooler should have been blanked off as well as egr valve vacum pipe,
    I have just re checked vac line to turbo actuator which appears to be ok along with all others , 1 thing I forgot is that I had boost for around 5 mins after first drive after removing egr valve and cooler, then I could hear very faint "siren" noise instead of very faint turbo whistle that can always usually be heard, then NO boost!!! WTF is going on? ,
    this is a hybrid turbo that has done few miles and is still under warranty, and has only happened after removing egr valve & cooler
    my vacum solenoid block has been making a noise around 60secs after shutdown(although it has been doing so for a while) I wonder if this is related? Doubt it, struggling now
    My m8 suggested due to no egr recirculaton maybe the car has gone into limp mode, I will scan for codes tomorrow
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

6th Gear

Status
    where does this vacum pipe come from so i can find it

Status
    where does this vacum pipe come from so i can find it
    the vac pipe was plugged in here

and you can trace it back to solenoid valve block on bulkhead here

it traces back to location 3 on solenoid block,
    i had a self tapper in it but blocked it with black RTV silicone when I got home

6th Gear

Status
    will check mine tomo not sure what garage did when they done mine

Status
    Ok so after a scan-clear and re scan I have this

At least now I know what I have to address,

6th Gear

Status
    which egr valve kit did u fit instead of egr ?

6th Gear

Status
    i can confirm that my number 3 pipe is blanked of with a long screw and small screw in pipe by egr valve. egr valve replaced with allard kit.

all pipework removed

no faults

6th Gear

Status
    what pipe number is the pipe which screw is attached to by egr valve as i may add new line as well

thanks

How's the brake pedal?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    Ok so after a scan-clear and re scan I have this

At least now I know what I have to address,

little update, folks, tonight I removed the vacum solenoid box that is attached to bulkhead Removed a few bits to make sure electrical connections , vac hoses seated & blocked properly etc Rescanned & would u believe it , NO WARNING CODES, WTF!!!
    although car still NOT boosting ????
    I can't get car on ramp till tomorrow afternoon where I hope I find a boost pipe not connected,
    (fingers crossed)

Status
    what pipe number is the pipe which screw is attached to by egr valve as i may add new line as well

thanks
    will get back to you on that one

6th Gear

Status
    that fault code is defo a leaking pipe somewhere

6th Gear

Status

Status
    DarksideDevelopments

6th Gear

Status
    ok it hasnt got a small hole in it has it for a presure pipe to fit in it?

just had a quick look on there site it has a vented grub screw in it is that fitted

Status
    ok it hasnt got a small hole in it has it for a presure pipe to fit in it?

just had a quick look on there site it has a vented grub screw in it is that fitted
    yeah,tightly :D

Status

thanks
    Skoda Workshop Manuals - Octavia Mk2 - Connection diagram for vacuum hoses for engine with engine identification characters BKD, AZV
    different car but same bkd engine

Part number 6Q0 131 075 is the part (which comes with ALL vac hoses attached) that plugs into vac solenoid box on bulkhead
    Last edited by martinivw; 7th April 2013 at 13:06.