Going to put an offer on this S3

Avantsline

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this side of the forum, i had a b6 1.8t quattro sline avant that i recently sold.

Since selling my astra vxr last may i have been craving the 200+ horses and since owning the quattro for a short period i want to combine the 2 so another fwd hatch was out the question.

Toyed with the rs4 even put down a deposit after test driving one but decided i didnt really need an estate for me, the mrs and our boy, no dog etc

Was just being greedy with the power but the running cost are a bit stupid and potential drc issues, brakes costing 2k and i wouldn't trust the mrs in it :laugh:

So I've kinda decided on this S3,

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro Black Edition - Kidlington

No sat nav but i could do without my car being broke into for it anyway so not too bothered.

Thoughts and advice on the S3 greatly appreciated :)

I went from a stage 3 corsa VXR to the S3, you might recognise my name from VxRO if your on there. The S3 is in a totally different league to the corsa/Astra... It is a constant pleasure to drive even though it feels slightly slower once rolling.

you won't regret going to an S3, quattro is awesome as you know...

i would say that the price of the one above is a little high. Mine was a grand less with more options and 5k less miles. Put an offer in though mate and you won't regret it.

Hi all,

New to this side of the forum, i had a b6 1.8t quattro sline avant that i recently sold.

Since selling my astra vxr last may i have been craving the 200+ horses and since owning the quattro for a short period i want to combine the 2 so another fwd hatch was out the question.

Toyed with the rs4 even put down a deposit after test driving one but decided i didnt really need an estate for me, the mrs and our boy, no dog etc

Was just being greedy with the power but the running cost are a bit stupid and potential drc issues, brakes costing 2k and i wouldn't trust the mrs in it :laugh:

So I've kinda decided on this S3,

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro Black Edition - Kidlington

No sat nav but i could do without my car being broke into for it anyway so not too bothered.

Thoughts and advice on the S3 greatly appreciated :)

Hi there,

S3 looks very nice, go for it, you won't look back, i've owned 2 S3's in the past 3 years and i think they are a fantastic car !!!!
I too used to own a 56 plate VXR, so i know where your coming from, and i've owned Focus ST-3 Mk 2, Civic Type R MK 1 & 2 and a Golf Gti Mk 6
And out of all of them them Audi S3 is by far the best, it is such an understated car, add in the VCDS Ross-tech cable and a Re-map and You'll be laughing.

Make Audi an offer on it, after all they need to shift cars same as any other dealer.

My mate just bought an a5 from Lowestoft audi, it was up for 18995 he paid 17k salesman said they are desperate to shift motors at the moment defo worth an offer.. Lovely motor

Hi there,

S3 looks very nice, go for it, you won't look back, i've owned 2 S3's in the past 3 years and i think they are a fantastic car !!!!
I too used to own a 56 plate VXR, so i know where your coming from, and i've owned Focus ST-3 Mk 2, Civic Type R MK 1 & 2 and a Golf Gti Mk 6
And out of all of them them Audi S3 is by far the best, it is such an understated car, add in the VCDS Ross-tech cable and a Re-map and You'll be laughing.

Make Audi an offer on it, after all they need to shift cars same as any other dealer.

The Vxr was rapid but just felt cheap and pants around corners, sounds like you've had some great cars so glad the S3 tops the list :)

did you get your deposit back

Yes mate in full :)

And get it mapped for 300+ very manageable bhp :)

Oh yes will be on the cards ;)

I went from a stage 3 corsa VXR to the S3, you might recognise my name from VxRO if your on there. The S3 is in a totally different league to the corsa/Astra... It is a constant pleasure to drive even though it feels slightly slower once rolling.

you won't regret going to an S3, quattro is awesome as you know...

i would say that the price of the one above is a little high. Mine was a grand less with more options and 5k less miles. Put an offer in though mate and you won't regret it.

hi mate yes i remember you're corsa.

just been to see it, good condition other than a hole in rear speaker casing.

offered them 19750 and got laughed at, best they could offer was 20740.

i said there are cheaper out there and got told to go for them then and given the we can look for something in you're budget but it wont be an s3, cheeky bas***ds

Walked away from that one so the hunt continues!

My mate just bought an a5 from Lowestoft audi, it was up for 18995 he paid 17k salesman said they are desperate to shift motors at the moment defo worth an offer.. Lovely motor

Oxford audi aren't desperate lol wouldn't even offer £490 best i got was £250 tight fekkers!

All I will say is that buying approved used does give you good back up. We nearly went for one, I know not all dealers get good press but Tonbridge Audi were very reassuring, their customer service has been fantastic and I'd have had no issues buying from them. What I read about the approved used network at Audi, you get a very good quality car for your money and great backup.

I have to agree the next one I buy will be an approved one after the grief I've had with mine.. My pal with the a5 got two years servicing and two years warranty for the extra 1-2k that's good piece of mind in my book.. Although I still feel servicing is better with an independent although that might sound contradictory

Although I still feel servicing is better with an independent although that might sound contradictory
Not at all James,I contacted the dealers about getting a cam follower changed....they hadn't a clue what the issue or what it was,no finger on the pulse there.
They may have the brand name above the premises door but doesn't count for anything if the training is out of touch.

Typically people use Audi while the car is under warranty and quite new as this keeps the history clean and a lot of buyers still want FASH.

Older cars typically go to indies because they are cheaper, being modified etc.

I think Audi all the way for new cars as they get trained on them first, get bulletins on recalls etc and why not if the car has a warranty. I think my local Audi is £90+vat an hour.

For older cars stick with indies as they tend to have more experience with the type of issues that come with a little more age as these are the cars they see more of than the dealer. Many indies still charge £50-£60+vat an hour.

Trouble is I'm after a black edition which none of the other 3 are and I prefer the wheels and look on the Oxford one.

I'm willing to travel miles for the right phantom black edition, but 21k is my max and I can't find any others for that price, same age etc.

Might have to go back with my tail between my legs unless they call back with an offer which I doubt they seem believe its value is fair.

Think in oxford we get ripped off for everything anyway!

Trouble is I'm after a black edition which none of the other 3 are and I prefer the wheels and look on the Oxford one.

I'm willing to travel miles for the right phantom black edition, but 21k is my max and I can't find any others for that price, same age etc.

Might have to go back with my tail between my legs unless they call back with an offer which I doubt they seem believe its value is fair.

Think in oxford we get ripped off for everything anyway!

From what you said, they sounded pretty rude and almost unprofessional about it!

Are you part-exing? Could any discount be found on that side of the deal, they usually prefer that for tax reasons.

When you are paying over 20k for a car, I suppose an extra few hundred to get the car you really want is only a small price to pay.

You will certainly be happy once you have the car!

No part ex unfortunately so no negotiation there and not taking their finance either got my own broker in place so don't think they like that.

As you couple of hundred is peanuts in the grand scheme of things! All salesmen are rude or quickly turn rude once the car is paid and you have issues.

Met plenty of the fekkers before lol, gonna call today and ask their best deal as they could be being Turds due my age and the fact I wear joggers and hoody lol, will put on a posh voice and see if they are discriminative jealous turds!

If they were that rude I'd personally walk away.. Can't stand rude sales people. I'm in sales myself and work hard to retain customers.. They must be doing well to be picky about who they sell cars to lol

Well spoke to the sales manager was much more pleasant to deal with but no budge on price at all!

They had a customer coming in to pay a deposit later and i want that car so coughed up a deposit.

Now the owner of an if slightly overpriced S3 :D

Hopefully pick up saturday as it needs some prep, service, mot etc

Can't wait to be back in an Audi, and especially an S3 this time :yahoo:

Congrats mate it's a lovely motor.. Who cares if its overpriced if you like it and you want it then its worth what you paid for it... Welcome back to the money pit!!!

Thanks mate can't wait :D

Shame I will be letting my mrs use it bet she will ruin it, not even had her license a year and driving an S3 at 22, lucky bi**h

Tell always to take up two spaces when parking at the back of the car park and to keep away from kerbs ;-)

ive lost weight since owning my s3 by parking so far away :/ haha

They had a customer coming in to pay a deposit later and i want that car so coughed up a deposit.

An old sales trick there to pressurise you into committing to the purchase.

Heard that crap so many times when looking at cars in the past. They obviously knew you were dead set on that particular car. The trick is to remain indifferent and not show too much emotion.

Anyway congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoy the car.

Heard that crap so many times when looking at cars in the past. They obviously knew you were dead set on that particular car. The trick is to remain indifferent and not show too much emotion.

Thats true !
I got Audi to price up a new one for me once and they said if you dont order the car today it will go up in price £2000 tomorrow so for that i walked off...

Good purchase :) Enjoy !

Thanks for the kind words, the mrs will be under strict instruction ;)

Thanks can't wait to get behind the wheel, I am aware of the sales trick to be honest i called to pay the deposit anyway but like you say as soon as you hear that when you really want the car the kid factor of its mine i want it kicks in!

I wouldn't have bought it on that basis alone otherwise i'd be bankrupt with a portfolio of cars by now :laugh: