Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Going to put an offer on this S3

Hi all,

New to this side of the forum, i had a b6 1.8t quattro sline avant that i recently sold.

Since selling my astra vxr last may i have been craving the 200+ horses and since owning the quattro for a short period i want to combine the 2 so another fwd hatch was out the question.

Toyed with the rs4 even put down a deposit after test driving one but decided i didnt really need an estate for me, the mrs and our boy, no dog etc

Was just being greedy with the power but the running cost are a bit stupid and potential drc issues, brakes costing 2k and i wouldn't trust the mrs in it

So I've kinda decided on this S3,

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro Black Edition - Kidlington

No sat nav but i could do without my car being broke into for it anyway so not too bothered.

Thoughts and advice on the S3 greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

V8 - only sound a man needs

Status
    I went from a stage 3 corsa VXR to the S3, you might recognise my name from VxRO if your on there. The S3 is in a totally different league to the corsa/Astra... It is a constant pleasure to drive even though it feels slightly slower once rolling.

you won't regret going to an S3, quattro is awesome as you know...

i would say that the price of the one above is a little high. Mine was a grand less with more options and 5k less miles. Put an offer in though mate and you won't regret it.

1st Gear

Status
    And get it mapped for 300+ very manageable bhp
    +incoming (64) S3 (300) Sportback S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black
    -outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Black Edition S-Tronic Coupe Quattro
    Phantom Black

VCDS Location: NI (East Antrim)

- (62) A1 1.6TDI (105) Sport Manual Sportback Brilliant Black
    - (62) S3 (265) Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

- (58) TT Roadster 3.2 V6 (250) S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Avantsline View Post
    Hi all,

New to this side of the forum, i had a b6 1.8t quattro sline avant that i recently sold.

Since selling my astra vxr last may i have been craving the 200+ horses and since owning the quattro for a short period i want to combine the 2 so another fwd hatch was out the question.

Toyed with the rs4 even put down a deposit after test driving one but decided i didnt really need an estate for me, the mrs and our boy, no dog etc

Was just being greedy with the power but the running cost are a bit stupid and potential drc issues, brakes costing 2k and i wouldn't trust the mrs in it

So I've kinda decided on this S3,

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro Black Edition - Kidlington

No sat nav but i could do without my car being broke into for it anyway so not too bothered.

Thoughts and advice on the S3 greatly appreciated

Hi there,

S3 looks very nice, go for it, you won't look back, i've owned 2 S3's in the past 3 years and i think they are a fantastic car !!!!
    I too used to own a 56 plate VXR, so i know where your coming from, and i've owned Focus ST-3 Mk 2, Civic Type R MK 1 & 2 and a Golf Gti Mk 6
    And out of all of them them Audi S3 is by far the best, it is such an understated car, add in the VCDS Ross-tech cable and a Re-map and You'll be laughing.

Make Audi an offer on it, after all they need to shift cars same as any other dealer.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather /

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    did you get your deposit back

5th Gear

Status

My mate just bought an a5 from Lowestoft audi, it was up for 18995 he paid 17k salesman said they are desperate to shift motors at the moment defo worth an offer.. Lovely motor
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Hi there,

S3 looks very nice, go for it, you won't look back, i've owned 2 S3's in the past 3 years and i think they are a fantastic car !!!!
    I too used to own a 56 plate VXR, so i know where your coming from, and i've owned Focus ST-3 Mk 2, Civic Type R MK 1 & 2 and a Golf Gti Mk 6
    And out of all of them them Audi S3 is by far the best, it is such an understated car, add in the VCDS Ross-tech cable and a Re-map and You'll be laughing.

Make Audi an offer on it, after all they need to shift cars same as any other dealer.
    The Vxr was rapid but just felt cheap and pants around corners, sounds like you've had some great cars so glad the S3 tops the list

Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    did you get your deposit back
    Yes mate in full

Quote Originally Posted by monopole View Post
    And get it mapped for 300+ very manageable bhp
    Oh yes will be on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_jones2002 View Post
    I went from a stage 3 corsa VXR to the S3, you might recognise my name from VxRO if your on there. The S3 is in a totally different league to the corsa/Astra... It is a constant pleasure to drive even though it feels slightly slower once rolling.

you won't regret going to an S3, quattro is awesome as you know...

i would say that the price of the one above is a little high. Mine was a grand less with more options and 5k less miles. Put an offer in though mate and you won't regret it.
    hi mate yes i remember you're corsa.

just been to see it, good condition other than a hole in rear speaker casing.

offered them 19750 and got laughed at, best they could offer was 20740.

i said there are cheaper out there and got told to go for them then and given the we can look for something in you're budget but it wont be an s3, cheeky bas***ds

Walked away from that one so the hunt continues!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    My mate just bought an a5 from Lowestoft audi, it was up for 18995 he paid 17k salesman said they are desperate to shift motors at the moment defo worth an offer.. Lovely motor
    Oxford audi aren't desperate lol wouldn't even offer £490 best i got was £250 tight fekkers!

1st Gear

Status
    Well after a lot of searching seems pretty fairly priced for a black edition sportback

compared with these

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS - Slough

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS - Truro

Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS - Southampton

Hmmm do i bite the bullet and go for it at 20700??

2nd Gear

Status
    All I will say is that buying approved used does give you good back up. We nearly went for one, I know not all dealers get good press but Tonbridge Audi were very reassuring, their customer service has been fantastic and I'd have had no issues buying from them. What I read about the approved used network at Audi, you get a very good quality car for your money and great backup.

5th Gear

Status

I have to agree the next one I buy will be an approved one after the grief I've had with mine.. My pal with the a5 got two years servicing and two years warranty for the extra 1-2k that's good piece of mind in my book.. Although I still feel servicing is better with an independent although that might sound contradictory
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Although I still feel servicing is better with an independent although that might sound contradictory
    Not at all James,I contacted the dealers about getting a cam follower changed....they hadn't a clue what the issue or what it was,no finger on the pulse there.
    They may have the brand name above the premises door but doesn't count for anything if the training is out of touch.

2nd Gear

Status

Typically people use Audi while the car is under warranty and quite new as this keeps the history clean and a lot of buyers still want FASH.

Older cars typically go to indies because they are cheaper, being modified etc.

I think Audi all the way for new cars as they get trained on them first, get bulletins on recalls etc and why not if the car has a warranty. I think my local Audi is £90+vat an hour.

For older cars stick with indies as they tend to have more experience with the type of issues that come with a little more age as these are the cars they see more of than the dealer. Many indies still charge £50-£60+vat an hour.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well after a lot of searching seems pretty fairly priced for a black edition sportback

compared with these

Why don't you try them all, see who'll do the best deal ?
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather /

2nd Gear

Status

compared with these

The one in Slough looks really good
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

1st Gear

Status
    Trouble is I'm after a black edition which none of the other 3 are and I prefer the wheels and look on the Oxford one.

I'm willing to travel miles for the right phantom black edition, but 21k is my max and I can't find any others for that price, same age etc.

Might have to go back with my tail between my legs unless they call back with an offer which I doubt they seem believe its value is fair.

Think in oxford we get ripped off for everything anyway!

2nd Gear

Status
    Trouble is I'm after a black edition which none of the other 3 are and I prefer the wheels and look on the Oxford one.

I'm willing to travel miles for the right phantom black edition, but 21k is my max and I can't find any others for that price, same age etc.

Might have to go back with my tail between my legs unless they call back with an offer which I doubt they seem believe its value is fair.

Think in oxford we get ripped off for everything anyway!
    From what you said, they sounded pretty rude and almost unprofessional about it!

Are you part-exing? Could any discount be found on that side of the deal, they usually prefer that for tax reasons.

When you are paying over 20k for a car, I suppose an extra few hundred to get the car you really want is only a small price to pay.

You will certainly be happy once you have the car!
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

1st Gear

Status
    No part ex unfortunately so no negotiation there and not taking their finance either got my own broker in place so don't think they like that.

As you couple of hundred is peanuts in the grand scheme of things! All salesmen are rude or quickly turn rude once the car is paid and you have issues.

Met plenty of the fekkers before lol, gonna call today and ask their best deal as they could be being Turds due my age and the fact I wear joggers and hoody lol, will put on a posh voice and see if they are discriminative jealous turds!

5th Gear

Status

If they were that rude I'd personally walk away.. Can't stand rude sales people. I'm in sales myself and work hard to retain customers.. They must be doing well to be picky about who they sell cars to lol

1st Gear

Status
    Well spoke to the sales manager was much more pleasant to deal with but no budge on price at all!

They had a customer coming in to pay a deposit later and i want that car so coughed up a deposit.

Now the owner of an if slightly overpriced S3 :D

Hopefully pick up saturday as it needs some prep, service, mot etc

Can't wait to be back in an Audi, and especially an S3 this time

5th Gear

Status

Congrats mate it's a lovely motor.. Who cares if its overpriced if you like it and you want it then its worth what you paid for it... Welcome back to the money pit!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks mate can't wait :D

Shame I will be letting my mrs use it bet she will ruin it, not even had her license a year and driving an S3 at 22, lucky bi**h

5th Gear

Status

Tell always to take up two spaces when parking at the back of the car park and to keep away from kerbs ;-)

Neutral

Status
    ive lost weight since owning my s3 by parking so far away :/ haha

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    They had a customer coming in to pay a deposit later and i want that car so coughed up a deposit.
    An old sales trick there to pressurise you into committing to the purchase.

Heard that crap so many times when looking at cars in the past. They obviously knew you were dead set on that particular car. The trick is to remain indifferent and not show too much emotion.

Anyway congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoy the car.
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |A good few other bits and bobs

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davc View Post

Heard that crap so many times when looking at cars in the past. They obviously knew you were dead set on that particular car. The trick is to remain indifferent and not show too much emotion.

Thats true !
    I got Audi to price up a new one for me once and they said if you dont order the car today it will go up in price £2000 tomorrow so for that i walked off...

Good purchase Enjoy !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the kind words, the mrs will be under strict instruction

Quote Originally Posted by davc View Post

Thanks can't wait to get behind the wheel, I am aware of the sales trick to be honest i called to pay the deposit anyway but like you say as soon as you hear that when you really want the car the kid factor of its mine i want it kicks in!

I wouldn't have bought it on that basis alone otherwise i'd be bankrupt with a portfolio of cars by now