Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

PLEASE PUT MY MIND AT REST

I have a A3 3.2 Q Sportback 63k full audi sevice history receipt as well not just stamps in the service book, all upto date including haldex ,and Dsg service, however after owning it for just under a month now I have noticed it has lost about a coffee cup of coolant ,now this is obviously not your normal leak as I'm not leaking enough coolant, I am now shixting myself that it could be a head gasket and being a v6 that's 2 heads and if you are going to do one you should do both,
    I know this will be mega bucks, the leak is obvious got to be under presure as not loosing coolant when parked and not being driven, please help with any advice.

Sorry also while have your attn I would love cruise control installed also footwell lighting I've seen I can get the cruise stalk on eBay and there is a guy on here that does the footwell lights including wiring loom , is there anyone in south London or Surrey that can fit for me ( name your price as long as not to heavy lol) mabe also be able to look at my auto dimming rear view not working . And be able to turn on the beep ,sound what ever you want to call it when you arm or disarm the car with the remote.
    If you can help me please pm me and il give you my mobile so we can talk and hopefully fix these couple of issues.
    Last edited by Davjon747; 29th March 2013 at 20:06.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

They do have a tendency to go through radiators as in they develop leaks in the corner mine has a leak and i need to get it replaced look underneath where the radiator is and look for white fur
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    They do have a tendency to go through radiators as in they develop leaks in the corner mine has a leak and i need to get it replaced look underneath where the radiator is and look for white fur
    checked my dip stick and under the oil filler cap no white fur , hoping that's a good sign of not being a head gasket.

5th Gear

Status

I'd be fairly sure it's not a head gasket and just a radiator leak really common mate
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Davjon747 View Post
    I am now shixting myself that it could be a head gasket and being a v6 that's 2 heads
    Its one head not 2 - its a very narrow angle V6.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I learn something new every day

4th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    Its one head not 2 - its a very narrow angle V6.
    Was gonna say this. All vr6 derivatives are 15degree v6s as opposed to the normal 90.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User