Grrrr - Dont some people just p!ss you off...

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Poppped over to visit my parents yesterday. When I parked up outside thier house I noticed some kind jerk had put a scratch from the passenger door all the way down to the back.

Needless to say I am ****** annoyed. Got home, pulled up outside the house and notice Claires Mr2 has a great big ****** scratch in the rear bumper.

The only place my cars been left is outside the house so it must have happened there. Didn't think I had upset our neighbours that much...

Looking forward to moving even more now, kinda makes the steess a little more bearable.

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!

Some people! Why do they do this sort of stuff?

I had my brand new Sportback scratched twice in one month. Happend in my own street. Makes you wonder...

found a small dent on the front arch of mine a couple of weeks ago,im 90% sure it happened in the yard at work,as one of the blokes brought in an old red van,and there was red paint on the arch too,it was also the same height as the edge of the door,

not that i did'nt know this already but never trust any one,he didnt say anything,i could be wrong but i dont think so,and i couldnt approach him as it would of caused agro on the watch,so i had to give the benefit of doubt.

The bloke that hacked me off yesterday is probably wondering who put their foot into his wheelie-bin exhaust and bent it down to the ground.

The **** parked his chavvish Nissan 200ZX in a child space next to me in Asda yesterday.

Needless to say,he had no kid with him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Mindless vandalism isn't usually my thing,but I deemed it as justice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I can sympathise with your plight though lads.The wife's HR-V has a small dent in every panel.It's obviously people banging their doors into at her work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The bloke that hacked me off yesterday is probably wondering who put their foot into his wheelie-bin exhaust and bent it down to the ground.

The **** parked his chavvish Nissan 200ZX in a child space next to me in Asda yesterday.

Needless to say,he had no kid with him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Mindless vandalism isn't usually my thing,but I deemed it as justice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get me started on the parent and child parking spaces at the super markets....

Whether you agree with them or not is by the by MB.

The point is that common decency should mean you avoid them unless you're entitled to use them.

Unless you and the missus plan to be one of those 'odd' childless couples,you'll learn to appreciate child spaces one day ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why should I park at the other end of the car park just cause you have sprogs! I pay enough tax to put them through school for you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I actually had one of the little parking attendant men ask me to park somewhere else once when I used a parent with child parking space - and I had my kids with me. He said they were designed for people with toddlers - to which I answered that they should be called parent with toddlers spaces then shouldn't they? If you call them parent with child parking spaces then I could turn up with my dad and use one, cos he is still my parent and I am still his child./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Anyone who doesn't agree with them - here's a couple of things for you.

1) They are wider than a normal space - Kids do not appreciate that smacking the door of their car into the one next to it can cause some nasty damage, and if they do realise, they are not always careful enough to stop it. This should happen less if people with kids are parked somewhere else.

2) Car parks are VERY dangerous places. Cars will move in both directions, without always being able to see fully due to other cars blocking their view. PWC parking spaces are normally allocated right next to a protected walkway direct to the shop - preventing children having to walk through the car park, and therefore lowering the risk of getting hit by a car.

Just my two-penneth.

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I park at the other end of the car park just cause you have sprogs! I pay enough tax to put them through school for you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You got there before I could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We spend thousands of pounds paying for other peoples brats to grow up and then mug our own grandmas. If you want kids you pay for them, if you can't afford them then keep your **** in your pants.

And why we're on the subject.....

Why do new parents feel the need to bring the product of their /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif/ovaries into work and expect everyone to coo over them?

"Oh wow, congratulations, you've managed to achieve something that every other species on the planet can do and has been doing for billions of years. Now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off and let me get on with my work you dribbling ****"

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I park at the other end of the car park just cause you have sprogs!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee you that the scores of empty 'normal' spaces were no further away from the front door of the shop than the child spaces.

It was just some chav being protective of his bling mobile.

So,he obviously accepts that there is a risk of damage to his car when parking in a normal space,yet he's going to force a woman,with kids,to park in a normal space and possibly cause damage to the car next door.

As long as it's not his car though eh ?

Well he didn't bargain on a vengeful dad,did he ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

1) They are wider than a normal space - Kids do not appreciate that smacking the door of their car into the one next to it can cause some nasty damage, and if they do realise, they are not always careful enough to stop it. This should happen less if people with kids are parked somewhere else.

Don't take your squarking horrible kids to the supermarket in the firstplace, drop them off with the grand parents or get your shopping delivered. A supermarket is a dangerous place as if they got under the wheels of my trolley they could topple the 24 pack of Grolsh off. If you have to bring them to the super market - park at the back of the car park where I have to cause all the freaking spaces at the front are for brats and parents

2) Car parks are VERY dangerous places. Cars will move in both directions, without always being able to see fully due to other cars blocking their view. PWC parking spaces are normally allocated right next to a protected walkway direct to the shop - preventing children having to walk through the car park, and therefore lowering the risk of getting hit by a car.

Don't bring them, problem solved.

This is half hearted, but really sometimes I do think 'go fck yourself'

[ QUOTE ]

Why do new parents feel the need to bring the product of their /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif/ovaries into work and expect everyone to coo over them?

"Oh wow, congratulations, you've managed to achieve something that every other species on the planet can do and has been doing for billions of years. Now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off and let me get on with my work you dribbling ****"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there.
Never felt the desire to do it myself.

Like I said though,whether you agree with child spaces or not isn't the issue.

Common decency should say you observe them.

Just as I wouldn't use a disabled space,even if it was the only space left in the car park,I don't expect childless people (including those who have kids,but don't have them with them at that time) to use child spaces.

bowfer - What's 'odd' about couples deciding NOT to have children? Perhaps some couples cannot have children, but they still have to pay for everyone elses !

everyone - Disabled spaces are for disabled people. 'Child' sapces are generally regarded as spaces for mothers and /or fathers etc who need a little extra space to get small children in and out of car seats without damaging other cars. It is really a major problem to walk a little further from the car to the shop. Soon everyone will be wanting drive-in supermarkets so that they can do their shopping without getting out of the car. Try using the internet and getting your shopping delivered.

Perhaps a little more consideration for others by everyone and the world would be a better place. It's seems something that's sadly lacking in this country at the moment.

end of sermon!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
bowfer - What's 'odd' about couples deciding NOT to have children? Perhaps some couples cannot have children, but they still have to pay for everyone elses !

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being able to have kids is one thing (it looked dodgy for us for a while) but getting married only to deliberately abstain from having kids is,IMO,a bit odd.

But,then again,I'm the only bloke in the world that hates DSG,so what do I know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Whether you agree with them or not is by the by MB.

The point is that common decency should mean you avoid them unless you're entitled to use them.

Unless you and the missus plan to be one of those 'odd' childless couples,you'll learn to appreciate child spaces one day ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Common decency? No common decency keeps me from parking in disabled spots which I think are justified.

Why do parents deserve to park close to the shop than me? I pay my taxes, I pay my national insurance etc but because I do not have a child I am expected to park away from the shop.

we go shopping in the wifes polo,that way i can relax when im reading the mags and she's loading the trolley with the nipper,

on the subject of paying for other peoples things,cycle lanes,if the cyclists want to use the roads then contribute to it,

And get some Fcking insurance, freaking hazards, same for t*ts that think that they can ride there horse where ever the fck they like!

bowfer - So the idea of loving someone and wanting to spend the rest of your life together and getting married so that you are a partnership in everything but deciding that neither of you like children enough to want to have any of your own is 'odd'.

It may well be old fashioned but it's not odd. How many children to you have to have not to be odd - 2.4

MB,valid explanations have been given why these spaces are closer to the door.
I can also assure you that parents will,largely,be of more revenue to the supermarket than you,so that's another reason for them to be 'pandered' to.

If you don't like it,as David says,shop from home,but don't (as the guy I mentioned yesterday) park in these spaces just because you don't agree with them.

Where does it stop ?
Do you bump up the pavement and park there,just because you think the pavement is a waste of space and "you pay your taxes" ?
Do you just abandon your car right in front of the door ?

[ QUOTE ]
Common decency? No common decency keeps me from parking in disabled spots which I think are justified.

Why do parents deserve to park close to the shop than me? I pay my taxes, I pay my national insurance etc but because I do not have a child I am expected to park away from the shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't - if you look they are not normally closer to the shop than other normal spaces which are around - they are simply aside, as I said before where there is easy PROTECTED access from cars moving around the car park. My local shop for example has them in between the two main stores - therfore not really close to either of them but means the kids don't have to run the risk of Barry Big Wheels and his mates knocking them over as they perform lap 203 of the Tesco Grand Prix.

As for the comments of "I don't have children so why should I pay for them" - I don't remember ever being charged when Tesco built their car park TBH, and that was before I had kids. There are a million things in this world that we pay for and never use. On the other hand there are also loads of things that you use where your contribution may not have met the cost of you using whatever it is. It's just the way it is, live with it and walk an extra 20 yards.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bowfer - So the idea of loving someone and wanting to spend the rest of your life together and getting married so that you are a partnership in everything but deciding that neither of you like children enough to want to have any of your own is 'odd'.

It may well be old fashioned but it's not odd. How many children to you have to have not to be odd - 2.4

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get bogged down with this David but,seeing as you asked,yes I think it is odd.

The marriage vows,in Scotland anyway,mention that marriage is designed so that ( I can't remember the exact wording ) 'children can be brought into the world'.
Part of the process is that both parents take the same surname,thereby making it 'easier' on any children,especially come schooling.
Without the desire to have kids,there is no need for the woman to change her name and the act becomes,IMO,needless.
You'd be as well just living together,IMO.

If some feel it necessary,then good luck to them.I'm not saying kids should be compulsory to marriage.

[ QUOTE ]
They don't - if you look they are not normally closer to the shop than other normal spaces which are around - they are simply aside, as I said before where there is easy PROTECTED access from cars moving around the car park. My local shop for example has them in between the two main stores - therfore not really close to either of them but means the kids don't have to run the risk of Barry Big Wheels and his mates knocking them over as they perform lap 203 of the Tesco Grand Prix.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 100% correct.
When I think of every major supermarket in Aberdeen,none of the child-friendly spaces are 'closer' to the door than the normal spaces.
In fact,with specific regard to the ASDA I was in yesterday,there are dozens of normal spaces closer to the door.

Each to his own, but 38 years ago my wife and I decided we wanted to share everything and in her case she want to share my name as well.

Living together was not an acceptable thing to do in those days although it seems to be the norm today. Most people seem to live together until children come along and then decide to get married.

I suppose not being married makes it easier to just walk away if things are not quite so 'rosy' as you thought they would be. Perhaps a bit like cars, change to a new model every 3 years so that you don't get bored. Perhaps that's why we have the greatest number of single mothers in Europe.

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose not being married makes it easier to just walk away if things are not quite so 'rosy' as you thought they would be. Perhaps a bit like cars, change to a new model every 3 years so that you don't get bored. Perhaps that's why we have the greatest number of single mothers in Europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes to 'walking away',there's little practical difference between married and unmarried.

Single mothers are a whole different argument I'm afraid.
The fact that they're unmarried doesn't make the bloke any less responsible for the child,which is a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]
When it comes to 'walking away',there's little practical difference between married and unmarried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ, there are plenty of reasons where marriage is important... not just for kids.

One example springs to mind;

When I was mobilized to the gulf, my girlfriend/life parnter (what ever you want to call it) wouldn't be entitled to anything if I were killed. If we are married she gets my pension, a lump sum pay out etc etc

Another is Next of Kin, If your not married your next of kin can only be a family member, not your girlfriend....... the list goes on.

Granted the law may be different in Scotland.... but here in England there are a lot of things which are linked to marriage, both legally and morally,

Oh and finally there's the whole religion side of it as well..... which i don't even want to delve into.

Yours is a pretty exceptional scenario though.

Certainly,in Scotland,I believe we still have 'common law' marriage (also termed 'marriage by habit and repute) that can award just as much rights to assets as a legal marriage.

You boys in England have it easier.
If you're not married,you can throw the bint out !

Up here,they may have rights !

There is such a thing as a 'common law wife' in England but accordinging to my law books the name has no legal meaning and she has few of the rights of a lawful wife. Any children are still regarded as illegitimate. The book then goes on for about 5 pages about the differences in law between the common law wife and a legal wife.

Don't thing I'll go down that road here..... although she can claim a share of the home if she can show she has contibuted to its purchase or improvement, either with money or simlpy helping to complete the improvement work on it.

Perhaps we should start a new Audi-Sport.net Marriage Guidance forum - then again perhaps not.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got there before I could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We spend thousands of pounds paying for other peoples brats to grow up and then mug our own grandmas. If you want kids you pay for them, if you can't afford them then keep your **** in your pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you don't have kids then? I cannot believe your (and most of the others on here) attitude.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't take your squarking horrible kids to the supermarket in the firstplace, drop them off with the grand parents or get your shopping delivered. A supermarket is a dangerous place as if they got under the wheels of my trolley they could topple the 24 pack of Grolsh off. If you have to bring them to the super market - park at the back of the car park where I have to cause all the freaking spaces at the front are for brats and parents

Don't bring them, problem solved.

This is half hearted, but really sometimes I do think 'go fck yourself'

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody else without kids?

Gareth H - Why are we all complete '******' as you put it.

People without children have to pay the same Council / IncomeTax as people with children. 90% of the Council Tax and a high percentage of Income Tax is spent on Education. Just think how much it would cost you to have your children educated if all those who do not 'currently' have children did not also contribute.

I must admit I can see both sides of the argument.

Kids keeping you awake at night Gareth?

So you think it's fair that someone else should pay to keep your children do you?

In that case, send me a couple of grand so I can redecorate my bathroom will you?

I think there will be quite a few change their tune,come time and the arrival of their own offspring.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

I also think there are a couple who,if their respective partners saw these threads,would have a bit of explaining to do about 'attitudes'...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I didn't say you were all ******!

I'm not even talking about tax, just attitudes towards parent/child parking and children in general.

Eeef,whilst I understand that you feel aggrieved about your taxes paying towards education,you have to see the bigger picture.

For example,you may have a sick relative who asks more of the NHS than I do.

I contribute towards the NHS,but I wouldn't raise any objections to your relative using 'my' taxes.

WOW guys, cut out the caffeine!

Right deep breaths and RELAX!

There that's better.......can we get back to talking about cars?

Too much 'new man' stuff going on in this thread...... very worrying.

Don't mind the parent/child parking spaces at all, providing the're not mis-used but not keen on children full stop. Mind you that's probably more the fault of the parents that the children themselves.

Well I contribute to the NHS as well, the goverment then tax me for having private health and private dental.... go figure I get screwed three times over!

I doubt very much my attitutde will change to family parking spaces I park in them now and will continue to do so.