My a3 says safe when I turn it on and won't start ???

tanjawi

Reaction score
My a3 says safe when I turn it on and won't start and if it start it go off stright away
also the battery warning comes on as well and it say battery low

help please

i think the battery was fine because as i said it turn on but it stop stright away

if the battery is weak then yes it will turn on , but then loose the power and not be able to start.

i think is about the new key fob i got today as I bought a new key fob off ebay and just took all the electronic bits, key and transponder out the old key and put it in the new case. It will unlock the door with the remote but when I try start the car it just come up saying "safe

If the car runs and then cuts out, that sounds like the immobiliser.

Do you have another key to check?

er that information would have been handy on the first post .

yes sounds like your immobiliser is working and cutting the power.

a trip to audi now

the car doesnt run at all i just turn the engine on for 1sec then it go off and it says safe

If you have a spare key , try that and it should work.
Sounds like the Transponder has been damaged when you swapped to the new fob.

Rubbish!!
dont sscare the poor guy.
it just needs recoding.
i face a similar dilemna here
and as such cant change the case
untill i buy another key from Audi.
If you have a spare key , try that and it should work.
Sounds like the Transponder has been damaged when you swapped to the new fob.

Rubbish!!
dont sscare the poor guy.
it just needs recoding.
i face a similar dilemna here
and as such cant change the case
untill i buy another key from Audi.

No, what you're advising is rubbish I'm afraid, Heinz & Mike are correct, the megamos 48 is once only programmable to that car, if existing damaged, he would need a new immo chip coded & if using audi would be a new complete key.

I suspect all he has done is swapped the remote side across & hasn't swapped the glass capsule with immo chip inside, its glued into the top of the key & isn't part of the remote pcb & isn't immediately obvious to 99% of car woners, if he has swapped the chip across separately then he's obvious damaged it.

Yes 347 is 100% correct, advise us of the complete story, not half otherwise we're just ******* in the wind trying to help you.

Also if it says battery is low, then surely that denotes the car battery needs charging.

i just transfer back what i have transfer first time to the new key fob
and now the SAFE mood gone from the screen but i think the battery just need charging as it more than 1 week never turned the engine on as i been busy
and also i think i didnt transfer the glass capsul as MIKE says because i never touch nothing from the key instead of the key blade

ill just keep my old one lol
thank you every one for this assitance