Idling wobble/judder 2.0tdi

Bramley

Reaction score
Hi, my 2.0tdi has been juddering on idle for a while now. The revs don't fluctuate and I've just had a full recon (it did it before recon too) any ideas what this could be?? It's generally only when warm

cheers

possibly

timimg may b slightly out.

lack of fuel on warm idle

Timing was my initial thought.

How do you fix lack of fuel on warm idle?

mine did this alot too... especially on a hill at traffic lights
turned out it was the engine mounts. I upgraded to the THS top mounts and used a powerflex dogbone mount insert which has cured the issue

I have this same problem! Havnt been able to determine if its when cold it hot yet!
mine is surprisingly quiet for a diesel but every now and again it has this flutter

It's a fairly common thing by the look of things. Check:

mounts
Timing slightly out
DMF on way out
injector loom

Still to determine if mine is timing following belt change or DMF.

ths top mounts ? do u have a link where to get them ?

mine did this alot too... especially on a hill at traffic lights
turned out it was the engine mounts. I upgraded to the THS top mounts and used a powerflex dogbone mount insert which has cured the issue

I had this problem for a good year and a half, when stopped at lights and when it warm it juddered like a motherf*cker, like a violent judder. I left it for a good while because it was only every now and again.

About 2 months back I had a some work done on it, I had a coolant leak from my water pump so got that replaced and I had a leak from my intercooler pipes which I had sealed up.

Since this work the violent judder has completely gone, and ive done a trip around Scotland in it which took about 800 miles along with the rest of my usual mileage so its been well ran in since and not had it come back once. Not sure if you have the same problems, but its another place to look if youve checked out the timings etc?

First thing first, get the car on VCDS & check the timing (KW), if required adjust the front cam to get timing right. If it is still lumpy adjust the rear cam to match the front.

Note: the front cam (towards front of the car) controls the intake/injection phase, the rear cam deals with the exhaust - The rear cam also seems to affect idle smoothness more than the front cam bit there is no point adjusting it if the front isn't right.

Small (& I do mean small) adjustments make big differences, so take your time with any adjustment.