Did they make a Revision G Diverter Valve?

controlz

Reaction score
I'm in the process of arranging a remap on my 2008 facelift S3 with W8 Performance, and can't work out whether my Diverter Valve needs changing.

The valve that's currently fitted says 'G' on it, and I was under the impression that it needed to be upgraded to a Revision D... but I've been told it may be a Revision G!?? :sadlike:

Help would be appreciated - thanks!

G value
19d74a7a.jpg

D value
33cd02aad7c7b922f2c4387450fd8cb7.jpg

I wouldn't bother with d, g is fine it's the latest revision so someone has had it fitted within the last 12 months or so

Rs3kel recently told me that the G valve came on 2008 cars, and then the Revision D was released... I can't imagine the previous owner changing the valve so I'm sure this is what came with the car in 2008.

I'm now really confused with all these different answers! If G was the most recent valve, then what was the standard on 2008 car?

I wouldn't bother with d, g is fine it's the latest revision so someone has had it fitted within the last 12 months or so

06F 145 710 C and 06F 145 710 G were diaphragm type DV's.

06H 145 710 D is the later type piston type DV.

Note the difference in part numbers, from 06F to 06H.
G is NOT a later revision of D. It is a different part.
Thus the mass confusion.

Rev G is much more durable compared to previous types. Made by Pierburg.
Can be had for not a lot of money like this one.

eBay

How can I be sure whether mine is an original G valve installed with the car in 2008, or a revised G installed later?

Would your suggestion be as a precaution, to fit a Rev D before remap, or get the remap with the current valve and see how it is?

How can I be sure whether mine is an original G valve installed with the car in 2008, or a revised G installed later?

Would your suggestion be as a precaution, to fit a Rev D before remap, or get the remap with the current valve and see how it is?

I've got the g on mine and I'm running a stage 1 about 245bhp+ and to date it's been great no dramas I'd stick with what you've got when you get the map they will check requested boost vs actual anyway so you'll know if there is a problem. Lots of the guys on here have the d rev but horses for courses

I've got the g on mine and I'm running a stage 1 about 245bhp+ and to date it's been great no dramas I'd stick with what you've got when you get the map they will check requested boost vs actual anyway so you'll know if there is a problem. Lots of the guys on here have the d rev but horses for courses

245bhp stage 1? The car has 260bhp in stock form.

Mines a tfsi a3 not an s3 and if they are putting a rev g on the s3's you'll be fine im sure

There are lots running the g mate if you are worried the d is less than 50 quid so whack one in

Rev D is the latest and the best one. For the sake of £50 and considering how much easier they are to change on the S3 I'd stick one in ready for your remap.

G is the old value ,D is the new value ,forge also do a value for the tfsi cars ..:)

Rev D is the latest and the best one. For the sake of £50 and considering how much easier they are to change on the S3 I'd stick one in ready for your remap.

Thanks, athough I am no mechanic myself so will need to get it done by a pro!

Rs3kel - appreciate your advice as always, but I often can't understand what you mean... remember I am a complete n00b!!S aying the G is old vale and D is new, doesn't really mean anything to me :idea:

Thanks, athough I am no mechanic myself so will need to get it done by a pro!

Rs3kel - appreciate your advice as always, but I often can't understand what you mean... remember I am a complete n00b!!S aying the G is old vale and D is new, doesn't really mean anything to me :idea:

Basically the part number of the valve you buy must end with a D!

sorry to bump this old thread! But there is some conflicting info I believe. Just been to R-Tech for a remap (from 268 to 365hp) and I'd fitted a rev D diverter valve. They said it should be the G type, as that's the newest/best, and swapped it out for a rev G.

I'm sure either is fine, and both better than rev C, but I don;t believe D is actually newer than G? Can this not be confirmed on something like EKTA?

cheers

Check the part numbers. And are they talking about the piston type or diaphragm type?

06F 145 710 C and 06F 145 710 G were diaphragm type DV's.

06H 145 710 D is the later type piston type DV.

Note the difference in part numbers, from 06F to 06H.
G is NOT a later revision of D. It is a different part.
Thus the mass confusion.

yeah aware D is piston and the others are diaphragm. I "upgraded" my original rev C diaphragm with the rev D piston. R-tech then told me I need rev G diaphragm type :blink:

Revision D is the piston valve, Revision G is the diaphragm valve. The D will last forever, but is known to leak at high boost levels. The G will hold boost better than the D but will fail eventually. The GFB DV+ lasts forever (with occasional lubrication) but can make the ride a bit jumpy as it slams shut.

Revision D is the piston valve, Revision G is the diaphragm valve. The D will last forever, but is known to leak at high boost levels. The G will hold boost better than the D but will fail eventually. The GFB DV+ lasts forever (with occasional lubrication) but can make the ride a bit jumpy as it slams shut.
Not noticed any jumpiness with mine mate.