Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MacrosTheBlack

Thread: The Teaman Cometh...... (Another NHN appreciation thread!)

1st Gear

Status

Cool The Teaman Cometh...... (Another NHN appreciation thread!)

Twas a cold, snowy Sunday morning last weekend, when I was awoken from my slumber (mildly hungover perhaps) by a ring at the door (7:30am!). To be greeted by a grinning, raring to go, Nigel - NHN.
    (For those new to the forum and not in the know he's the endless tea swilling , no job too big or too small, retrofitting genius that helps all us mere mortals do nice upgrades to our cars, at a damn reasonable rate too)

After being ridiculed for only just having got out of bed (I was not expecting him to be so early!). I made the important job of firing up the kettle and warning the local PG tips depot that Kent was about to suffer a shortage... heh heh

This was Nigel's third and final (till the next mod anyway) visit to finish some recent upgrades to my 2008 pre-facelift S3. He's now supplied and fitted me with:
    New MY11 rear lights (fantastic mod, especially on a black car I think, easy straight swap over too).
    RNSE MKII with the gloss surround and SDS (including new GPS roof aerial and new modules for good radio reception in the tailgate)
    AMI system for RNSE (what the Audi iPod connector I previous had should of been in the first place)
    New folding dimming wing mirrors, and rear view mirror (windscreen replaced between visits)
    Auto lights with LH/CH and auto-rain setup.
    New chrome edge door switches for windows and folding mirrors.
    Cruise control (something I never thought I'd use as much I now do! Again a relatively cheap easy mod, highly recommended for those missing the feature).
    Also got a replacement drivers door armrest as mine had cracked (common fault) and a new S3 grill badge to replace my chipped one.

So a very big thank you to Nigel for all his hard work and apologies for not having a nice heated garage to work in! Was minus 1 degrees all day Sunday poor guy. But for his hard work he gets yet another satisfied customer and I can't recommend him enough! If any of you are after parts, upgrades, coding etc then do not hesitate to drop Nigel a PM for a quote. His attention to detail is top notch and he's not happy unless the jobs done properly and everything's finished neat and tidy. Clearly takes a lot of pride in his work and that's getting rarer to see these days.

Big thanks again

Some after pics....
    IMG_0075 2.jpgIMG_0080 2.jpgIMG_0082 2.jpgIMG_0084 2.jpg
    Sandra likes this.
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Sounds about right to me that

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2nd Gear

Status
    Liking the taillights!

did they need coding or plug straight in?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coreythorny View Post
    Liking the taillights!

did they need coding or plug straight in?
    Plug straight in for 3 doors. Ask NHN for a price if interested mate...
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

Gievf Buckets

Status
    no coding on the tails, another good result from nigel clever geezer that he is

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Status
    Nigel is a legend,so no surprise on the appreciation threads being so commonplace on ASN,long may they continue.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Aidy06 On Twitter Visit Aidy06's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post
    Twas a cold, snowy Sunday morning last weekend, when I was awoken from my slumber (mildly hungover perhaps) by a ring at the door (7:30am!). To be greeted by a grinning, raring to go, Nigel - NHN.
    (For those new to the forum and not in the know he's the endless tea swilling , no job too big or too small, retrofitting genius that helps all us mere mortals do nice upgrades to our cars, at a damn reasonable rate too)

After being ridiculed for only just having got out of bed (I was not expecting him to be so early!). I made the important job of firing up the kettle and warning the local PG tips depot that Kent was about to suffer a shortage... heh heh

This was Nigel's third and final (till the next mod anyway) visit to finish some recent upgrades to my 2008 pre-facelift S3. He's now supplied and fitted me with:
    New MY11 rear lights (fantastic mod, especially on a black car I think, easy straight swap over too).
    RNSE MKII with the gloss surround and SDS (including new GPS roof aerial and new modules for good radio reception in the tailgate)
    AMI system for RNSE (what the Audi iPod connector I previous had should of been in the first place)
    New folding dimming wing mirrors, and rear view mirror (windscreen replaced between visits)
    Auto lights with LH/CH and auto-rain setup.
    New chrome edge door switches for windows and folding mirrors.
    Cruise control (something I never thought I'd use as much I now do! Again a relatively cheap easy mod, highly recommended for those missing the feature).
    Also got a replacement drivers door armrest as mine had cracked (common fault) and a new S3 grill badge to replace my chipped one.

So a very big thank you to Nigel for all his hard work and apologies for not having a nice heated garage to work in! Was minus 1 degrees all day Sunday poor guy. But for his hard work he gets yet another satisfied customer and I can't recommend him enough! If any of you are after parts, upgrades, coding etc then do not hesitate to drop Nigel a PM for a quote. His attention to detail is top notch and he's not happy unless the jobs done properly and everything's finished neat and tidy. Clearly takes a lot of pride in his work and that's getting rarer to see these days.

Big thanks again

Some after pics....
    IMG_0075 2.jpgIMG_0080 2.jpgIMG_0082 2.jpgIMG_0084 2.jpg
    What iPod connection did you have previously? How much did it cost for the RNS-E and AMI? Looking good

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidy06 View Post
    What iPod connection did you have previously? How much did it cost for the RNS-E and AMI? Looking good
    Aidy contact Nigel via PM as prices vary

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Good man! Never easy working on a car in freezing conditions... Nigel certainly puts in the effort! Well done.
    The car is looking nice!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Status
    I would like to add to this thread. As a member/moderator, i know the amount of time that Nigel puts into helping others on the forum, he gives a lot of time, is always willing to help anyone out with information and advice. I have seen many of the completed jobs that Nigel has done, and the quality and attention to detail is second to none. I have seen many appreciation threads posted up over the years about Nigel, and there is never to many of these. He deserves his own fan club (just like mine, lol) so that others can appreciate his talent and love of the retrofit work he has carried out in so many members cars. Nigel, you are a legend and a really nice guy as well. Keep up the good work. x

I would also like to say thank you to simon for posting this thread. Another Happy customer. x
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.