S3 Paint correction

IanF S3

Reaction score
Ive had my S3 since the end of 2012, and i loved it to bits to drive, but the paintwork was really annoying me.
I knew when i bought it it wasnt perfect but for the miles etc it was a good price so i factored in the price of a full paint correction and have been waiting for the nice weather to come so i could send it away to be done.
Of course this is England and the good weather never comes, right? So i got it booked in and now i am made up with the car, the paintwork is like glass, not a swirl mark or buffer trail in sight :D
Next up....coilovers.

If you want to look at the pictures from throughout the process, including some before and afters, they can be found here. Audi S3 Photos by AutoDetox | Photobucket

Otherwise, here are some of the finished article.

IanS3-2_zpsf7ff2c65.jpg

IanS3-10_zpsfa2e1226.jpg

IanS3-14_zps40bdb183.jpg

IanS3-15_zps27f30958.jpg

IanS3-16_zps9a7cc8d4.jpg

Saw this on detaling world. Beautiful car. How much did it cost.

Also saw this on DW the other day, looks awesome!

Definitely need to get mine detailed properly.

Looks spot on mate really need mine doing after seeing this, wow you could eat your dinner off the floor in that garage lol.

STUNNING! I have a theory that Sprint Blue suits the early 8P S3s a bit better than the later ones. I'm lucky to have a brand new S£ BE but my oh my, these pictures just ram home how gorgeous Sprint Blue is! Where are these guys?

Thanks everyone, I am really happy with it.
Unfortunatly the garage is not mine it is the unit where I had the work done.
If anyone is interested I had it done by Barry at Auto Detox in Rugeley, Staffordshire, I'd deffinatly recommend him :)

How much did the full paint correction set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Nice! I didn't know paint correction also meant detail. I was thinking your cars paint had like faded in some areas.

Paint is a lovely colour, can't wait for the weather to warm up so that I can give mine a thorough clean and wax!