Bluetooth Issue 2007 (57 plate) S3

Stuwhipps

Reaction score
Website
www.simplyfocused.co.uk
Ok so i have the standard Bose stereo in the car and used to have an iPhone 4s which paired up and worked perfectly with the bluetooth in the car, i have recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3 as i couldnt bring myself to buy an iPhone 5 long story but after having them all right from the 1st metal backed one it wasnt an option !

The S3 pairs fine and i can get the phone book and i can receive calls fine via the bluetooth, however almost everytime i dial out using the controls on the steering wheel it says "calling the number" and then a noise and then BT OFF flashes up on the dash.

Try again and reconnect the phone and it works, most frustrating has anyone else experienced this issue and if so is there a way round it or is there an update i need to go to Audi for in order to get it sorted ?

What android version are you running, just go to the About page under settings bottom of the list.

Don't go to audi mate it will cost you trust me, I can look into this if we cant resolve via forum.

What android version are you running, just go to the About page under settings bottom of the list.

Don't go to audi mate it will cost you trust me, I can look into this if we cant resolve via forum.

Yeah i am hoping i dont have to go and get ripped off the version shown now is 4.1.2 is there anything else you need ?

That's the latest release droid so that should be fine, assuming you haven't installed a ****** firmware rom & its stock Samsung.

I would remove all paired devices, disable BT, power of handset, don't select restart, actually power it down, then start gain, enable bt, pair & try from there, remembering to allow contacts to be read.

Have you got anyother S3's or S2's in the family or friends to test with?

Reactions: Stuwhipps
That's the latest release droid so that should be fine, assuming you haven't installed a ****** firmware rom & its stock Samsung.

I would remove all paired devices, disable BT, power of handset, don't select restart, actually power it down, then start gain, enable bt, pair & try from there, remembering to allow contacts to be read.

Have you got anyother S3's or S2's in the family or friends to test with?

Ok ill give that a go when i leave the office at 5, the update was done when i got the pop up on the phone so i presume it goes to the web (via my wifi) at home and does it, the phone itself is only a month old so should be ok

The wife has a S3 mini and a mate of mine has an S2 so i can try those and see what happens, ill let you know the outcome, thanks for the assistance so far, fingers crossed its a nice simple fix :)

Urmmmmm OTA updates are a little sketchy tbh mate, I would always update via usb, as Samsung has been very flaky at times with server updates, best options would be either via Kies/USB or a direct update via Odin/USB using a file from Sammobile.com

Anyway try my suggestion, see how you get on :)