Disassemble a-style of A3 Sportback (2010)

Juw

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to install some new things into my A3 SB (2010), such as a bluetooth kit and TomTom. I however can't seem to disassemble the A-style (that's how we call it in The Netherlands, not sure about other countries). I can't seem to find any clips, can anybody give me some tips?

This is a picture of what I'm trying to reach (this isn't my car/an A3, but similar).

Afb0869-Custom.jpg

when i pass wires down the side of the A pillar i just remove the rubber sealing and then secure the wires behind the pillar, then refit the rubber seal to the body and make sure it all goes back on properly

Hah, I didn't know it's called the A-pillar in English (I'm from the Netherlands). Found some useful pictures on Google after looking up the name, I'm pretty sure I'll manage to get it off now. Thank you!

I remember you open the top clip only then the other two just slide out along with the pillar trim if you nudge the trim towards the roof.

The 2 clips wont pull out whatever you do because the way its designed.

Youll understand what I mean if you look at the hole it clips into

I remember you open the top clip only then the other two just slide out along with the pillar trim if you nudge the trim towards the roof.

The 2 clips wont pull out whatever you do because the way its designed.

Youll understand what I mean if you look at the hole it clips into
I really had no idea how the clips looked like and where they were located exactly, but I've found some pictures that made everything clear for me. By looking at this picture, I think you're right about only pulling the top clip out and nudging the trim towards the roof. I'll give it a try soon, thx!