My (soon to be) S3

elrao

Reaction score
Just waiting for the call that the car has been prepped and is ready for collection. It is a 2008 (58) S3 Sportback with S-Tronic and 65k miles, as its a late 2008 it is the facelift model with the flat bottom steering wheel, DRLs, armrest etc.

Factory Options
  • RNS-E DVD Based Satellite Navigation System
  • Audi Music Interface (it’s the iPod dock, not sure this is full AMI??)
  • Bose sound upgrade
  • Acoustic front and rear parking aid
  • Heated front Seats
  • Piano Lacquer Facia and Door Inlays
  • Black Optic Pack
  • Privacy Glass
  • S-Tronic
Mods done
  • Revo (Stage 1) being done by the dealer
Planned Mods (Short Term)
  • Cruise Control (ordered parts)
  • Exhaust (probably TBE...depends what comes up second hand)
  • VCDS TPMS (if supported)
  • 10/15mm front/rear spacers
Possible Mods (Long Term)
  • HPFP
  • CAI
  • Stage 2+ (if I go for it then I will bypass Stage 2 and go straight to 2+ once the hardware is in place)
  • DSG remap
  • BBS Alloys
  • Lowering Springs
  • DAB radio (type tbc)
  • Whatever I can work out with VCDS
  • Folding wing mirrors
audi-s3-hatchback-petrol_9899658.jpg

audi-s3-hatchback-petrol_9899657.jpg

audi-s3-hatchback-petrol_9899656.jpg

audi-s3-hatchback-petrol_9899650.jpg

Reactions: Sevv
Wasn't an option I was looking for, but I think it suits the car as it is all black with the privacy glass.

Will have to cross RS3 alloys off the possible list...don't want it to look too common :whistle2:

Yes, from Fontain.

Recognised the white washed background.
My first S3 came from there.

Found them pretty decent and the car was spot on although at 5 months it should have been.

Newcastle to Slough and back in the same day was a bit of a mission though.

Enjoy the car.

Paul

Still no car.

Had a call from Fontain as the inspection has thrown up a fault in the DSG's mechatronic unit and so they are waiting for a new unit which they'll fit tomorrow.

Good news that they found it and are replacing the unit (should also mean a free gearbox oil change), just an **** as I wanted the car for the long weekend!

They've not managed to fix it yet :( Will be without a motor until middle of next week!

got the TDI quattro from them they seemed decent enough. lovely looking motor!

They've won plenty of awards and been in the Audi business for years. Sure they are doing it all properly - just frustrating having to borrow the wife's car! (Although she drives a b8 S4 so its not all bad)

Was just looking into what makes a 'Black Edition' and found this on the audi site.

Black Edition specification adds the following equipment to S line and S3 models:

• 18” ‘5-arm rotor’ design titanium finish alloy wheels
• Black Styling Package: radiator grille-frame in highly polished
black, with grille and number plate holder in matt black
• BOSE® premium sound system with 8 high performance
loudspeakers and 6-channel amplifier, with total output of
195 Watts and specially tuned acoustics
• Bluetooth® interface
• Privacy glass from B pillar back
• Piano finish black inlays
• Flat-bottomed S line multi-function sports steering wheel, with gear-shift paddles on S tronic models (standard equipment on S3)
• Xenon Plus headlights with LED daytime running lights, automatic
adjustment, dynamic range function and headlight washers (standard equipment on S3)

Based on this my car is a black edition minus the alloys, as it has everything else. Makes me wonder if it is a black edition and someone swapped out the wheels...?

Turns out the car already has an AmD map on it (first S3 I've driven, so thought the power was normal), so no REVO map.

Car won't be ready until tomorrow though, gearbox is back in but not coded or test driven yet.

They also managed to kill the battery somehow so getting a new one of those!

Two weeks after paying a deposit...still no car. The Mechatronic unit from Audi was DoA (after fitting it and putting the gearbox back together...); so they have another one on order and another week delay for me! My new baby (wife 38w pregnant) will be born before the car arrives!
Also trying to decide whether to switch from the AmD map on the car to REVO. Had agreed in the deal to get REVO put on, but now it doesn't really need it - but I won't get money off if I don't have it! Best I can get is a discount on a campbelt change (£200 inc instead of there normal price of ~£500, but only really a £170 saving over AmD prices for the same). Was hoping for a deal on a Milltek or something instead, but nothing possible.

Finally picked the car up! Took three weeks but seems to be running right!

Had the REVO map put on as AmD (Essex) had no record of having mapped the car and it drives quite a bit different to what I remembered on the test drive, so not sure it ever had a map on before.

Start collecting bits for 2+ now. Also think it needs some bigger wheels, was thinking of sticking with 18s for comfort - but they look so small!

Two weeks after paying a deposit...still no car. The Mechatronic unit from Audi was DoA (after fitting it and putting the gearbox back together...); so they have another one on order and another week delay for me! My new baby (wife 38w pregnant) will be born before the car arrives!
Also trying to decide whether to switch from the AmD map on the car to REVO. Had agreed in the deal to get REVO put on, but now it doesn't really need it - but I won't get money off if I don't have it! Best I can get is a discount on a campbelt change (£200 inc instead of there normal price of ~£500, but only really a £170 saving over AmD prices for the same). Was hoping for a deal on a Milltek or something instead, but nothing possible.

How did they know that it had an AmD map on previously? How is it feeling with the REVO map?

The previous owner told Fontain it had one, so asked Ben (@AmD) to check their computers. No record against any of the registrations the car has had (two private plates in the past) or the previous owner, so if it was AmD then it wasn't AmD Essex.

Drives well with the REVO, but just had it in D and pootled round the M25 to be honest.

Thought I recognised the username, welcome to ASN & the world of the 8P, if you need any help detailing/wheels/refurbishment/Shark Mapping/Retrofitting, then we can help.

Will be upgrading wheels at some point, once I've decided what with.

Will be doing some retrofitting myself, got a cruise control stalk sat here and looking at Parking plus (have acoustic and want visual); then maybe some lights.

Have a full VCDS, so mostly scouring for how to's (and second hand parts)