Question about iPhone/ phone kit + bluetooth

caraudiaye3

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2006 S-Line has a built in bluetooth phone set up. I dont want to spend £50 on an adapter for my iPhone 4S as will be upgrading to an iPhone 5 in a few weeks, but in the mean time can I set up my iPhone to work with the bluetooth anyway??

Basically do I need the adapter? Im not bothered about the phone charging or getting that extra signal. Just want to be able to talk etc.

Thanks

IMG_1082.jpg

I have the same setup in my 57 S3.
I don't have the cradle adapter but it connects to my iPhone 5 no problem.

I think the order is, go onto phone on the head unit
It will either say something llike not paired
go on Bluetooth on your phone and you'll find the system
connect
password is four 0s I thjnk
you should hear a bong when it connects

surely it's in the manual?
the guy at the dealer set mine up on the test drive so I can't remember much lol

thanks will give it a go but seem to remember it coming up with some sort of error when I last had a play

No but 4S adapters on ebay seem to go for about £50, dont think they have an iPhone 5 one yet though. Waiting out!

IM going out soon and ill have a play discinnecting and reconnecting and get the full sequence unless someone has answered it by then

Ok just done it.

Just go on your Bluetooth on phone, mine comes up as Audi XX3074 or something.
Connect to it.
The pin for mine is 1234 (presume its the same for all)
you should hear a bong and that's it

When I press the TEL button it simply comes up with the message 'telephone is not available'

Does anyone know how I can sort this please?

IMG_1120.jpg

Have you connected your phone as above and is it showing connected on your phone, also "bonged" to say its connected?

No when I turn the bluetooth on on my phone nothing comes up to connect it to.

A quick google search suggests it might be something to do with the bluetooth module?

Do a search immediately after turning ignition on, then see what it finds, don't wait for ages or it may time out broadcasting availability, dependent on coding that is.

No luck with connecting, just shows the message as above. Have tried reseting it but no difference.

Is this likely to be just a coding issue or has my bluetooth module failed?

If you cant even see the BT module on searching, then its possible its goosed, if it has power ok then next option is swap out or a new one.

I have latest new versions available if interested.

So best option is to scan the system to see what the problem is before taking any further steps?

These VCDS cable and software how much and where can I pick one up from? I'm no mechanic but am fairly competent at fiddling around with cars/bikes etc and following instructions and it looks like a useful bit of kit to have...

Hmm on second thoughts looks pricey. Might just leave that to the pros then!

NHN - che costa to get my BT working again (please)?!