AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By southylad

Thread: Need to share my excitement

OCD clean

Status

Need to share my excitement

I have just inherited some money and I've decided to treat my self to a new car. After a lot of thought I've decided to go for a 2.0t sline. Any advice on buying would be great. I have a budget of 7k. Thanks guys
    99 Audi a3 tdi sold....
    56 Audi a3 2.0 tdi sline dsg sportback sold
    06 Audi a3 2.0 tdi sport sold
    2001 Audi a3 1.8 20v turbo sport ( new project draining my wallet )

2. # ADS
    ADS

_G_
    4th Gear

Status

depending on mileage Id want to make sure it has had its cam belt changed and if auto then the auto fluid changed too.
    otherwise, the usual like tyre wear, brakes and oil burn - sometimes easy to spot if you floor it or do 80+ and there is a smell of oil or the oil level has gone down big time on the dip stick... excessive oil burn could be a call for new pistion rings.

2nd Gear

Status
    I would say go for the TDi but looks like you have been there and brought the t-shirt (3 times!) What made you go for the Petrol this time?

WHEN you do decide on your new car, don't forget to post some images so we can all see!

OCD clean

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JRock247 View Post
    I would say go for the TDi but looks like you have been there and brought the t-shirt (3 times!) What made you go for the Petrol this time?

WHEN you do decide on your new car, don't forget to post some images so we can all see!
    like you said really ive had 3 and really like the turbo petrol plus it won't be my daily so mpg won't be an issue. Thanks I will get some pictures up when i find the right car
    99 Audi a3 tdi sold....
    56 Audi a3 2.0 tdi sline dsg sportback sold
    06 Audi a3 2.0 tdi sport sold
    2001 Audi a3 1.8 20v turbo sport ( new project draining my wallet )

5th Gear

Status

Get a Quattro don't mess with the fwd number ;-) ill get shot for that comment
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

5th Gear

Status

245 bhp plus after a map and it gets ALL the power down
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    sorry to jump in this thread, but im also looking for an audi (with around 7k budget)

i saw a 2006 tdi s line 2.0 - remapped to 210bhp for £7k
    only problem was, it has 96k miles on clock - still decent ?

it recently had a cam belt change

i would increase budget to 10k if i saw a decent quattro s line 170, but not many about.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ENZO View Post
    sorry to jump in this thread, but im also looking for an audi (with around 7k budget)

i would increase budget to 10k if i saw a decent quattro s line 170, but not many about.
    I paid £8500 for my 2006 2.0TDi 140 S-Line Quattro with 65K on the clock with years warranty and with a decent spec about 8 months ago. It took a while to find, I really wanted the 170 but could only find auto's in the spec I wanted.

I would stay away from 2nd hand cars that have been remapped, obviously been ragged by the previous owner. 96K is nothing for an oil burner but personally would not buy that high.

5th Gear

Status

I paid £8500 for my 2006 2.0TDi 140 S-Line Quattro with 65K on the clock with years warranty and with a decent spec about 8 months ago. It took a while to find, I really wanted the 170 but could only find auto's in the spec I wanted.

I would stay away from 2nd hand cars that have been remapped, obviously been ragged by the previous owner. 96K is nothing for an oil burner but personally would not buy that high.
    I don't think that's a fair comment most of the cars on this forum are mapped and are probably some of the best maintained and looked after as most of us have a passion. Id rather buy a car from someone here than one thats been ragged from cold by someone who has no idea

1st Gear

Status

thanks, im gonna be patient and wait till something better comes along.
    Really like a3's in phantom black, but again pretty hard to find at the right price.

2nd Gear

Status
    i paid £6750 for my 56 plate 2.0 tdi s line a3 with 110.000 on clock full audi history and 1 owner now remaped and loving it

Quote Originally Posted by ENZO View Post

ENZO likes this.

Neutral

Status
    HELLO I JUST BOUGHT AN AUDI A3 2.0 TFSI SPORTBACK FACELIFT PETROL 2005/55 90.000

WITH FULL BIEGE LEATHER SEATS AND HALF ON THE DOORS AND ON DASHBOARD . RNS-E SATNAV WITH 2013 MAPS , HEATED SEATS , PARKING SENSORS , ARMREST.....ETC

I PAID NEARLY 6000 WITH CAMBELT CHANGE AND KIT , ENGINE OIL , FILTERS , WATER PUMP
    FULL SERVICE HISTORY 1 OWNER ( IM THE 2ND )

CAR VERY VERY CLEAN OUT AND INSIDE
    NO NOISE NO RATTLE NO NOTHING
    JUST TURN THE ENGINE ON AND DRIVR ( VERY FAST AND RESPONSIVE )

HARD TO FIND A NICE CAR