S3 fuel readings all over the show....

mmalh0151

Reaction score
Basically, is there anyway to test this with VCDS etc? Or does it need some kind of calibration?

Range said 60 miles when I turned it off yesterday, turned it back on and its on 30miles left!! So getting rather dangerous

Or can I clean/test the fuel sender myself?

Pretty weird fault to be honest...need it sorting ASAP!

2007 S3 by the way that has done 64k

It changes depending on current fuel consumption. Probably dropped as obviously when you start the car its cold and fuel consumption is much worse!!

Yep I understand that....but explain how it reads as a full tank when I filled 20 litres from empty in it!

Its like I am playing roulette

Well I would be swapping the prelift pump/sender, but as yours is a Quattro it has 2 in the system chain as such, as the tank is each side of the prop.

There are measuring blocks to show the quantity detected, you'll have to look through yours to see what it shows.

Well I would be swapping the prelift pump/sender, but as yours is a Quattro it has 2 in the system chain as such, as the tank is each side of the prop.

There are measuring blocks to show the quantity detected, you'll have to look through yours to see what it shows.

Excellent thanks. I will look into this when I return home on thursday.

Can you tell me which setting it is, have you ever cleaned or replaced some before and are you around the Northwest area at all?

I will look at this on Thursday or Friday... Any advice would be great

Right fuel sender 1 is showing 24litres (gauge is just above half a tank) and resistance is 181.

Fuel sender 2 has no resistance and no fuel content...

Time to remove rear seats?

Cleaned both connectors for fuel sender and no luck after putting back together