07 170 2.0tdi DSG, worse mpg after new mechatronics

paultaylor

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help, I have a 2007 2.0tdi 170bhp DSG S-line Sportback with 46k miles and FASH.

It was never as good as I had hoped on diesel but since a new mechatronics was put in it's worse!

Last full tank only 405 miles from full to showing 5 miles range and that was mixture of 60% motorway and 40% urban.

When we first got the car it had 37k miles and had just been serviced but was immediately exposed to a far too high amount of short journeys and it did an active DPF regen once so I continued on motorway for 30 minutes at 60mph.

I had noticed it doing passive regens in traffic a few times by the higher idle so Im tempted to get a DPF delete at this stage.

Another annoying issue is that in the three months since the mechatronics replacement it's developed an ever increasing sound coning from either the engine or transmission that sounds like a wheel bearing gone bad. It was very faint when I got it back and now I have to turn up the radio on the motorway to drown it out.

Could this be connected to the worsening mpg?

many thanks

Paul

btw I'd like to extend an offer on the incredible products that the company I work for are now offering on their website NoH2o | Home to all A3 owners, the No Water complete car kit is superb and I used it exclusively for four years on my 2007 R32 and the result were incredible NoH2o | Services | Case study – Golf R32

Hence if any audi sport forum member wants to avail of a two kits for the price of one just PM and I will process the order

I use it every day on my Lava Grey A3 and it really turns heads with a finish that is superb.