Chris NottAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

2.0tdi twintercooler hoses and fitting

Ive been looking at the forge twintercooler for my a3 2.0tdi and just wondering whether anyone has fitted one and also what the boost hoses look like as i cant find any pictures if how they fit onto the standard intercooler,
    also the reason i am asking is because i have located a cooler close to me that is only £300 instead of the £660 that forge charge due to someone breaking there car near to where i live i can buy the cooler on monday and i really want a FMIC but i dont know how the hoses fit as i cant seem to find anyone who has fitted one
    image.jpg
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

6+1 Gears

Status

Re: 2.0tdi twintercooler hoses and fitting

Why do you need it for? You can stick to the S3 one if you consider that your current one is too small. It is good for 350-380 bhp which is more than enough.
    And is cheaper.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

4th Gear

Status

2.0tdi twintercooler hoses and fitting

Even the standard one is good for over 230bhp.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

5th Gear

Status
    Might buy it as its cheap also it will improve the car even if the standard cooler is good enough which is what a fmic does, plus the plan is to hybrid stage two clutch then next year buy the bosio 1287+ injectors from darkside development so the cooler will come handy in the set up in the long run
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

flying oyster

Status
    as said before s3 one is best one easy fit and really not requied if your not running over 300bhp
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

5th Gear

Status
    Might go for it anyway as its cheap and doesnt seem hard to fit and also upgrading to and s3 cooler is much more work than forge twintercooler