Isofix question

Dan_Sykes

Reaction score
I've done a search and cannot find an answer to my question but it is probably because I'm being a bit picky....

My A3 s-line Quattro has a mint leather interior and a new arrival in July :) means a baby seat. Has anyone has experience with an isofix seat and leather interiors? Does it dent the leather to the point it's permantly damaged? If I were to replace the rear seats with a cloth one would the isofix system be ok? Is it part of the chassis or the removable seat base?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Dan

It will mark them, yes. Will reduce over time (once removed) but there often permanent.
I use a towel under my seat, i have the half leather / alcantara, so even the base of the seat marks it.

You can buy proper mats for this purpose. But never quite get round to it.
I think the iso fix is seperate to the seat, as the rear seats lift up too easily to be secure and safe. That would mean the seats you fit would need to be isofix to have the cut out.

As above best to get seat protectors to spread the load if you are concerned about your leather.

I've got an isofix based for a maxi cosi and a child seat and my leather is all dented and wrecked :-( put a towel as said or something underneath it wish I had 🍼😣

Thanks for all the replies. I've bought a complete rear cloth seat and back from eBay from a 3door sport today. £60 inc delivery.