2007 2.0TFSI Quattro - Seems sluggish

clarkiey

Reaction score
Morning guys,

I've just had myself a 2007 2.0TFSI Quattro from an Audi Dealer (so one year warranty e.t.c) and my girlfriend has noted it's quite sluggish. We then proceeded to have a little race between mine and her A3 2.0tdi 140, and i hardly made any ground over about 600m, from starting at about 20mph. The car has recently just had a new Turbo control unit, due to a solenoid valve making clicking noises. I've been searching both here and the web and haven't come up with any definitive answers as to what could be causing this. I have seen many suggestions however. These include

1. Carbon buildup in the intake manifold
2. Spark plugs
3. The fact it's just been filled up with regular unleaded from a supermarket forecourt (dare i say that here?)

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Or has any idea of which cause, if any of the above, it is likely to be?!

Cheers,

Clarkiey

It's bound to be your diverter valve, loads of threads about it on here. It's probably an old revision and has a tear in it. Mine was like that when I bought it to. Basically your losing a lot of boost. Get a new one and you'll be flying :)

Reactions: robbiemac
As James said when i first got my quattro it felt really sluggish... like you could slam your foot to the ground and it wouldn't shift like a 200 brake engine should.... turned out it was a rip in the divertor valve... cost me 50 quid with fitting to get it sorted and boy now does it shift

It's bound to be your diverter valve, loads of threads about it on here. It's probably an old revision and has a tear in it. Mine was like that when I bought it to. Basically your losing a lot of boost. Get a new one and you'll be flying :)

Do you know when the revision was made? I was just wondering if I had the old diverter valve on mine. It's a 57 Plate (2008) 1.8T

Thanks

Do you know when the revision was made? I was just wondering if I had the old diverter valve on mine. It's a 57 Plate (2008) 1.8T

Thanks

There have been a number of revisions we are now on rev g but a lot of the guys swear by rev d. Easiest way is to replace it anyway for the sake of 35 quid for the valve and 10 mins labour it's well worth getting it changed regardless

Mine is stage 1 and has the g which had been fine so far since I changed it last year

Could be many thing..
Check for oily residue around the PCV, breather + inter cooler hoses and oil filler cap.
If you've got an Android phone buy an ELM ODB bluetooth dongle then download Torque app. That way boost pressures etc can be read/monitored. The whole kit should cost about £14..

There have been a number of revisions we are now on rev g but a lot of the guys swear by rev d. Easiest way is to replace it anyway for the sake of 35 quid for the valve and 10 mins labour it's well worth getting it changed regardless

Mine is stage 1 and has the g which had been fine so far since I changed it last year

Got the part number for that?

As above... Common on 2007 models. Get Rev D diverter valve on it and you will have all the boost back!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364046676994788 06f 145 710 g

Or d at the end depending which one you want

Cheers for all the advice. One question though. They ran diagnostics when finding the problem with the Solenoid valve...would they have not come across the Diverter valve issue when doing these diagnostics, in terms of boost pressure e.t.c?

Cheers,
Clarkiey

Maybe maybe not... Mine came up as a fault with it not making boost but depends how bad the dv is.. Pcv is also worth checking again threads on here.. Cheap part again.. Welcome to the expensive audi club :p

Guys I don't know whether my 2007 1.8 TFSI is having the same problem or NOT but to me sounds the same...

When I accelerate it's fine for a bout 1 to 2 sec and then feels like something pauses the car from behind for millisecond and then back to normal, it's hard to explain but to me sounds like sluggish...

Mine is 57, registered on 12/2007 (almost 2008)...
Can I change the part myself...

Cheers

just checked the oil filler cap.... there is residue present! so does that mean it is a faulty/broken PCV?

just checked the oil filler cap.... there is residue present! so does that mean it is a faulty/broken PCV?

If its been on short runs then no they gunk up a little, pull your oil cap off while running if it runs lumpy pcv is fine if it runs fine that would indicate a bad pcv. There shouldn't be much pressure taking the oil cap off.. If it was my car id do both pcv and dv.. Pcv is easy peasy new one is 40 odd quid and very easy to replace. Dv needs a ramp to be done so is a little more tricky..

oil catch cam will do away with the PCV system and will trap the crap and protect your engine valves

Again common at this time of year. Give it a good run and the mayo will clear from the oil cap.

With regards to the diverter valve, it won't always show a fault code. Some faults on the 2.0T won't.