Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OVRA3

Thread: 2007 2.0TFSI Quattro - Seems sluggish

Reverse Gear

Status

2007 2.0TFSI Quattro - Seems sluggish

Morning guys,

I've just had myself a 2007 2.0TFSI Quattro from an Audi Dealer (so one year warranty e.t.c) and my girlfriend has noted it's quite sluggish. We then proceeded to have a little race between mine and her A3 2.0tdi 140, and i hardly made any ground over about 600m, from starting at about 20mph. The car has recently just had a new Turbo control unit, due to a solenoid valve making clicking noises. I've been searching both here and the web and haven't come up with any definitive answers as to what could be causing this. I have seen many suggestions however. These include

1. Carbon buildup in the intake manifold
    2. Spark plugs
    3. The fact it's just been filled up with regular unleaded from a supermarket forecourt (dare i say that here?)

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Or has any idea of which cause, if any of the above, it is likely to be?!

Cheers,

Clarkiey

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

It's bound to be your diverter valve, loads of threads about it on here. It's probably an old revision and has a tear in it. Mine was like that when I bought it to. Basically your losing a lot of boost. Get a new one and you'll be flying :-)
    robbiemac likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Neutral

Status
    As James said when i first got my quattro it felt really sluggish... like you could slam your foot to the ground and it wouldn't shift like a 200 brake engine should.... turned out it was a rip in the divertor valve... cost me 50 quid with fitting to get it sorted and boy now does it shift

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    It's bound to be your diverter valve, loads of threads about it on here. It's probably an old revision and has a tear in it. Mine was like that when I bought it to. Basically your losing a lot of boost. Get a new one and you'll be flying :-)
    Do you know when the revision was made? I was just wondering if I had the old diverter valve on mine. It's a 57 Plate (2008) 1.8T

Thanks

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 4K View Post
    Do you know when the revision was made? I was just wondering if I had the old diverter valve on mine. It's a 57 Plate (2008) 1.8T

Thanks
    There have been a number of revisions we are now on rev g but a lot of the guys swear by rev d. Easiest way is to replace it anyway for the sake of 35 quid for the valve and 10 mins labour it's well worth getting it changed regardless

Mine is stage 1 and has the g which had been fine so far since I changed it last year
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

5th Gear

Status
    Could be many thing..
    Check for oily residue around the PCV, breather + inter cooler hoses and oil filler cap.
    If you've got an Android phone buy an ELM ODB bluetooth dongle then download Torque app. That way boost pressures etc can be read/monitored. The whole kit should cost about £14..

Neutral

Status
    There have been a number of revisions we are now on rev g but a lot of the guys swear by rev d. Easiest way is to replace it anyway for the sake of 35 quid for the valve and 10 mins labour it's well worth getting it changed regardless

Mine is stage 1 and has the g which had been fine so far since I changed it last year
    Got the part number for that?

Audi Heaven

Status
    As above... Common on 2007 models. Get Rev D diverter valve on it and you will have all the boost back!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

5th Gear

Status

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364046676.994788.jpg 06f 145 710 g

Or d at the end depending which one you want

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers for all the advice. One question though. They ran diagnostics when finding the problem with the Solenoid valve...would they have not come across the Diverter valve issue when doing these diagnostics, in terms of boost pressure e.t.c?

Cheers,
    Clarkiey

5th Gear

Status

Maybe maybe not... Mine came up as a fault with it not making boost but depends how bad the dv is.. Pcv is also worth checking again threads on here.. Cheap part again.. Welcome to the expensive audi club :-p

2nd Gear

Status
    Guys I don't know whether my 2007 1.8 TFSI is having the same problem or NOT but to me sounds the same...

When I accelerate it's fine for a bout 1 to 2 sec and then feels like something pauses the car from behind for millisecond and then back to normal, it's hard to explain but to me sounds like sluggish...

Mine is 57, registered on 12/2007 (almost 2008)...
    Can I change the part myself...

Cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    just checked the oil filler cap.... there is residue present! so does that mean it is a faulty/broken PCV?

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by clarkiey View Post
    just checked the oil filler cap.... there is residue present! so does that mean it is a faulty/broken PCV?
    If its been on short runs then no they gunk up a little, pull your oil cap off while running if it runs lumpy pcv is fine if it runs fine that would indicate a bad pcv. There shouldn't be much pressure taking the oil cap off.. If it was my car id do both pcv and dv.. Pcv is easy peasy new one is 40 odd quid and very easy to replace. Dv needs a ramp to be done so is a little more tricky..

1st Gear

Status
    oil catch cam will do away with the PCV system and will trap the crap and protect your engine valves
    Audi S3 2.0TFSI.. Milltek Turbo-Back Non-Res, ITG maxogen, THS FMIC, HPFP internals, Custom FR&RTuning dyno Software

Previous
    Audi S3 1.8T with the following mods: Milltek Cat Back Non Res exhaust, with THS Decat, Induction kit , Forge 007P Valve and Custom FR-RTuning Stage 2 Software..

Audi Heaven

Status
    Again common at this time of year. Give it a good run and the mayo will clear from the oil cap.

With regards to the diverter valve, it won't always show a fault code. Some faults on the 2.0T won't.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack