What is this ? Snow troubles

imy2k

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just been out in the snow , and my car hit some snow and something was hanging out and it fell off i can smell petrol and now it wont start . Ive left it parked up . Any idea what the part is . Two pipes go into it i think they where yellow its located driver side mid section of the car . I took a quick picture excuse the rope i tried fastening it back on but has totally fallen of . Thanks in advance

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums...C8881852-947-00000032235C0488_zpsc2a66d60.jpg

That's the fuel cooler, so now you need that & possibly the lines replaced, as that supplies from the prelift pump/tank.

That's the fuel cooler, so now you need that & possibly the lines replaced, as that supplies from the prelift pump/tank.

Thanks pal. Im i right in thinking the car won't start without this. It was disconnected by one pipe and i had to take it of the other because there was no chance it was getting fastened ln . Few mins down the road it cut out . How much are one of these? Thanks again

Heck learn something new each day. Would have never thought car fitted with a fuel cooler...

Good location to, given the air that passes through there.

Do the connectors still plug in ok, if not then new pipes/repair needed.

Supplies the fuel so yes it will cut of.

Yep that's definitely the fuel cooler so without it no fuel will get to the engine. I never seen one of these ripped off before though. Something to be wary of now i'm lowered!