VCDS Mods

elrao

Reaction score
What free mods are available via VCDS for the 8P S3?

Have seen people mention the TPMS, any guides on what's possible and how to's?

Have full VCDS (and Vag Tacho, Commander...)

​Have a look on the ross-tech site. Im sure you will find lots of info in there. :) x

Took a quick look but hard to sort through all the non 8P posts using tapatalk!

On the A5OC there was a wiki like list of codes which had it all in one place...for the 8T platform

I don't want to F anything up!

Do a full scan first and save it ( it prompts you to do that ) so you have all the original codings.

Then you can play about and if you do F up you can put it back as it was !

Reactions: Brodster
elrao

The TPMS is dependant on the ABS module in your car. I have a 2010 S3 which doesnt support the simple 'check box' in VCDS. So you need to check the ABS module (and dont ask me anything about this as I have no idea!).

If you have footwell lights you can add a feature where you can control the amount of light output (0% to 100%) whilst driving, I believe hill-hold assist can be switched on, bleep when locking/unlocking the car and we found a nifty trick where the fog lights are used when turning left/right as you see on most of the cars these days and dims to off when straight.

If you find a VCDS guy in your area, I am sure he will have seen it all before and be able to give you some good advice.

What free mods are available via VCDS for the 8P S3?

Have seen people mention the TPMS, any guides on what's possible and how to's?

Have full VCDS (and Vag Tacho, Commander...)

Give Ash187 or NHN a shout they both know there stuff pretty much inside out :icon_thumright:

Do a couple of searches on Google but include audi-sport.net in the search. Loads of threads about easy codings that can be done!

Will take a look, just wondered if anyone had written a consolidated list - maybe I'll start one in the VCDS forum if I find enough info.

Free TPMS was the same on my S5 - dependent on the ABS controller

and we found a nifty trick where the fog lights are used when turning left/right as you see on most of the cars these days and dims to off when straight.

It looks stupid. It's a poor attempt of the true adaptive lights found on other brands that actually move the light beam.

And it really annoys me!!!!