Anti-Lift Kits - Big Improvement?

MB RS3

Reaction score
Hi All,

What are people's views & experiences with Anti-Lift Kits.

Is it worthwhile? What is the feel with the kit etc..

Look forward to your comments!

Hi All,

What are people's views & experiences with Anti-Lift Kits.

Is it worthwhile? What is the feel with the kit etc..

Look forward to your comments!

I've got the Supaloy kit on mine.

I don't think it's a huge improvement in the way you would notice changing the ARBs and suspension from stock for instance,but it does make a difference.

Adds a bit more feel and better turn in but it's not massive.

Do the other things first,like the ARBs,suspension,and bushes,and then add the ALK or do the lot together.

Made a massive difference to my FWD. Better steering feel, the car feels much more 'planted' on the road and traction has been significantly improved.

I don't think it's a huge improvement in the way you would notice changing the ARBs and suspension from stock for instance,but it does make a difference.

Do the other things first,like the ARBs,suspension,and bushes,and then add the ALK or do the lot together.

would bushes not made it too stiff though? I'm going to fit ALK in next 2 months along with new fuel pump and that could be the right moment to do all in one go but bit afraid everything getting too harsh and unpleasant to normal daily driving.

The only real unpleasantness i've noticed was that running over cats-eyes is far more harsh in the cabin, other than that only plus points.

would bushes not made it too stiff though? I'm going to fit ALK in next 2 months along with new fuel pump and that could be the right moment to do all in one go but bit afraid everything getting too harsh and unpleasant to normal daily driving.

I think it depends on what you want.

The "fast road" bushes are still pretty comfortable as opposed to race ones which are basically solid.

The same goes for engine mounts.

I think you'd notice an improvement in feel but maybe a little more vibration as a result but the further you go down the power route,the more noise and harshness you get as a result of uprated engine mounts stiffer suspension and so on.

Mine is pretty hard as road cars go but it was the only way of getting what was required and sticking with something like what I was running would still give a smooth ride.

What kind of upgraded Springs and ARBs do they recommend for the S3?

What kind of upgraded Springs and ARBs do they recommend for the S3?
I initially had kW v3s and H&R ARBs,and found that pretty good for road use,with a decent compromise between comfort and performance,but changed recently to kW Clubsport suspension,to get control over front end camber,and improved performance.
Here's the two together,with the Clubsports to the top,,,,tighter wound,stiffer linear rate springs.
IMAG1503Copy_zps1f5f0774.jpg

I wouldn't say this is an easy compromise for road use,as it's pretty hard,but the v1,v2 and v3s are aimed at road use,and there are other alternatives from Bilstein etc.

Ok thanks for the reply Alex.

What do you think the best ARB setup is?

Ok thanks for the reply Alex.What do you think the best ARB setup is?
Not sure that there's any real difference between Eibach and H&R on the road,but the real thing is they both make a big difference to the way the car handles,by removing a lot of the body roll.
The S3 is a fairly chunky car at 1500kgs,and on the stock suspension does roll around a fair bit,plus has a lot of inherent understeer,and the ARBs,plus a decent set of coilovers do go a long way to removing that unless pushed hard,but obviously as Ben@AMD had said,I always want a bit more,and it was their job to try and do that for me!

I think i may have to invest in some shortly, I've got v1's fitted suspension wise & they made a big difference for my needs. I think a ARB setup will tighten things up nicely. I believe KW do ARB's too? I'm sure this would be a decent choice aswell?

I think i may have to invest in some shortly, I've got v1's fitted suspension wise & they made a big difference for my needs. I think a ARB setup will tighten things up nicely. I believe KW do ARB's too? I'm sure this would be a decent choice aswell?
I don't know if they do,but I would be surprised if they didnt,and they should be fine,whichever you fit.