Alloys and ECU

I

imported_hburnett

Hi Guys..

I knwo that this must have been covered in the past, but new guy on the block (still waiting for the A3 Sportback to be delivered, date moved back to Jan 06 - only 7mnths after order!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif) just wondering if people know where to get some decent 18ins wheels for the SptBk. I was thinking replica RS6 or RS4 wheels with tires at a nice cheap price?!?!

Also I've heard about these £30 ECU mod thingys.. Do they work and if so, which is the best?

Cheers H

You should have ordered the S-line pack if you want 18 inchers.
The trouble with ordering them after delivery will be that your car will sit too high.
The S-line suspension is lowered to take account of them.

Why on earth has your car taken 7 months ???

I'd have cancelled the order long ago.
It's an Audi,not an Aston Martin.

If an A3 is what you want, why cancel the order? Just plan ahead.

Cancelled the order with that dealer then.
They're evidently incompetent.

That may be true.

hiburnett, Which dealer have you ordered it from ?

I must have been amongst the first Sportback orders (ordered January) and was told a maximum of 12 weeks.
It was actually delivered early.
7 months is utterly unacceptable,and I cannot wait to hear their excuse/s.

10-12 weeks is the normal delivery quoted by Audi. All of previous A3 have been delivered within 12 weeks but my current one was delayed because of the Kassel factory not being able to keep up with demand for the DSG. I ordered mine on15 March 04 and the car was delivered on 23 July 04 - total of 19 weeks. Still it was then a 2005 spec and well worth waiting for. My dealer had already given me a trade-in price for mine in March which the honoured so the delay did not cost me anything.

Well it's a company car and it was orginally beginning of November, but then got this email from the lease company saying the factory couldn't keep up with demand from both the public/dealers and company orders.... And guess of the poor buggers have to settle for the delayed times - company cars... I feel that this is unacceptable too (trust me!) and am now thinking of writting a ****** letter to Audi directly - never know might get them to blag a set 19ins on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TaH

hburnett,they're telling you an absolute pile of mince.

My car is a company car,through a leasing company.

I didn't have to wait any longer than 'Joe Public'.

To suggest that Audi have a 'pecking order' is absolute nonsense.

When the order goes into the factory,there's isn't a box comes up on their screen which says "company car,no hurry".

Your leasing company has cocked up,is lying to you and is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Hmmm right going to phone the buggers now.................
Gits!" "£$%"£!"$!"$

funny that, my lease company tried that, another bloke ordered his car, almost identical spec to mine 6 weeks after mine yet coz he phoned them up constantly they tried to give him my car! gits

Phoned them up and they got onto their 'dealer' - Leeds Audi, and they still say that the build week is mid November so will be 5-6wks after that for delivery.... How come it takes this long to deliver the damn car, I thought they got built in germany? I could go over a pick it up in a day?!?!?!? Looking at wheels now and thinking of Zenetti Flow or Five (http://www.zenetti.com/html/2005/index.php?section=wheels) in 18ins and black with the diamond cut rim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif. What you guys think??????? Any opinions would be greatful appreciated! Laters H

[ QUOTE ]
Phoned them up and they got onto their 'dealer' - Leeds Audi, and they still say that the build week is mid November so will be 5-6wks after that for delivery.... How come it takes this long to deliver the damn car, I thought they got built in germany? I could go over a pick it up in a day?!?!?!? Looking at wheels now and thinking of Zenetti Flow or Five (http://www.zenetti.com/html/2005/index.php?section=wheels) in 18ins and black with the diamond cut rim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif. What you guys think??????? Any opinions would be greatful appreciated! Laters H

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told delivery was a maximum of 2 weeks after build date.
In reality,my car was here in just over a week after it was built.
Your getting lie after lie after lie....
Or,if they don't call it lying,they're misinformed to the max.

same here - build date plus 1 week to get mine, thats including the delivery time from the lease company........

"Or,if they don't call it lying,they're misinformed to the max. <font color="blue"> </font> "

Awesome!!!!! <font color="red"> </font>