Exhaust - Help :(

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Cut a long story short, my exhaust has been blowing for a while now and it's gradually got worse so decided it needed to be checked out. Went to a garage after work where they got it on the ramps to see where the problem was.

One of the lads told me its one of the flexi pipes at the front of the exhaust that leads from the cat to the manifold. He then went on to say that you can't just replace the pipes as they're joined to the cat so a whole new cat would be needed.

Is this true?

The price he gave for parts and fitting was over £400, so going to ring a few different garages but I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to pay for a new cat if I didn't need to. Surely there's a way of just changing the flexi pipes?

Thanks in advance

Was actually going to take my car there to see what was up with it but hadn't really had chance due to work and stuff.

May get off from work early tomorrow and call down. Cheers dude.

Just like to say, thanks for the recommendation mate.

Called in after work and they got it on ramps and confirmed it was the pipe. Went on to explain that they are able to take the old flexi pipes off and replace with new ones instead of buying a whole new cat with them attached. And the price for the work is more than half what the other garage quoted.

Happy days :yahoo:

Glad to be of help, he's great, in my old boyracer days I had bits put in/removed etc all for peanuts but the quality of work there is excellent.

oh and sorry for the stupidly long time in replying lol

Your not gonna get big gains from a stainless milltek on a 2.0fsi naturally aspirated engine so not worth spending big money on one, i say go to a custom exhaust building company and get cat back stainless done and it will sound awesome on he 2.0 fsi plus you can have shiny tail pipes so will look nice as well