My new purchase, anyone recognise it ?

Heeny

Reaction score
045AADF7-12DA-4001-90AB-7F8A51D779F8-1263-000000F3C99865CA.jpg

7F23FF52-1ECA-4D3B-832D-7C16FB2BD816-1263-000000F3DCBDA3E0.jpg

53D04B06-D064-4C70-877E-40656BA52536-1263-000000F3D5E69B02.jpg

few wee niggles that are bothering me, rear wiper is kinda loose and sits on the paintwork
think the wheels are a bit too big, anyone know the origional size ?
And what kinda A3 3.2 Quattro is it ? It's a 53 plate origionaly,
Not sure if bits have been added or if the origional 1 came like this but I would like a lesson on the origional spec and proper make and model. It does have s-line bits and bobs like sill panels and cigi lighter but not sure if they have just been added, cheers

It looks like a sport with a vortex kit on it.
Rear bumper is a different colour the rest of the car?
the headlights are aftermarket ones, doesnt look OEM.

Yeah the headlights are aftermarket, warning comes up on the dash, never noticed about the rear bumper :huh:
might need a correct paint code :-(

Got to say the Bose sound system sounds great :yes:
good wee quiet roar off the exhaust also, not like the old car which u could hear half a mile away lol
I take it its an aftermarket exhaust also ?

Agree it looks like a sport that's been modded quite a bit. Wheels don't like too big to me though, 18s?

il swap the alloys with you ? . lovely looking car ,not sure on the headlights tho

There's always 1 :p what they worth ? Goodyears on all 4, not sure of the offset , Yup they are 18"

Rear wiper motor is fubbered. Its not loose, common fault with a3s. U can either replace with the newer revised version which has a proper water seal or remove and place a grommet in its place.

Personally I'd get shot of that body kit and the headlights. Get some OEM Xenon's, someone on here is likely to have a set for sale. Lower it a bit and it'll look decent.

It's had the rear and back windows tinted too.

Remember as of today if you have a light warning symbol on your cluster it will fail MOT.

Looks nice though, the colour match doesnt surprise me as i think there is over 20 shades of akoya

As said, headlights are aftermarket and it's got the Vortex kit on it (Bit on front + back bumper, skirts and spoiler).

Wheels look like reps of Rotor's but if they're OEM, they're worth a bit.

The wheels would suit the car better if it was lowered.

As already said loose the kit.

It's not a votex kit on that. I had a 3 door with votex and it was more subtle than that. It's after market.

I would change the lights and lower it slightly as others have said.

Remember as of today if you have a light warning symbol on your cluster it will fail MOT.

Looks nice though, the colour match doesnt surprise me as i think there is over 20 shades of akoya

Elaborate... Last appendix they issued said they are removing SRS light from fail criteria....so cant be any light will fail.

Needs lowering to look good with those wheels. Or i have a set of the wheels it should have if you want :p
There not Votex skirts are they ?

Right so the car looks different! Lol

it has an after market front valance, rear valance, side skirts and rear spoiler added onto the stock sport model. Also has the chrome mirror caps (not S3 ones) and tints all round. As you already know it has the aftermarket headlights which don't suit the car at all... At least the same headlights with the black internals would have looked better... Too much bling in that headlight.

But I like that its different, has some personality. Like others have said lower the car a bit (Eibach sport line springs maybe), replace the wiper motor and the headlights.

It passed its mot with they lights on the front, just an advisory (might look at going oem)
As for the body kit, I think it suits it plus removing it will no doubt be a ****** to do without damaging the paintwork.
Its pretty low at the front with that front bumper so would prob have to remove before I invested in lowering springs but with those wheels on, might be a bad idea so I'll just leave her for now,
Anyone know if there is a button to retract the mirrors ? Lol
Oh and what are some of the dash readings ? I take it that circle with the line through it is average ?
How much does a full tank hold ? 50-60l ?
Anyone know how far u would get on a full tank cruising on the motorway at 70 ?
Thanks

Meh I don't mind the body kit either, like someone else said, adds personality.

I got told my local MOT station that any warning light on the dash was an MOT fail also.

We can only fail whats in the manual.
So not just any warning light on.
They have added this month

Electric Power Steering
Electric Park Brake
Electric Stability Control
Brake Fluid Light
Tyre Pressure Monitor

So while that is most stuff lol. A head light warning light should pass and advise. Aslong as the correct tell tales still work.

The side skirts looks the wrong way round?

I was going to get these headlights but in black, but after hearing they give a warning light, I wont bother.

Surely the side skirts would only fit 1 way but I'll check, gonna leave it for now, until I work out a plan of what to do

Rear bumper is a different colour the rest of the car?

"They're all like that sir". Certain colours are an ok match but most of the mid-metallics I've seen don't match and often looks worse in photos that real life.

If it was mine I'd lower it/get S-Line springs, de-tint it (the whole lot) and remove the side skirts and replace the headlights for OEM, standard headlights are quite cheap to get hold of.

If I remove the side skirts, I'd have to remove and replace the front bumper also as it would look daft, I think I like the tinting,
as for the headlights, I agree will look at replacing them with oem ones or something else.

i think a wheel refurb is my first port of call and also get the rear wiper sorted

Yea I see what you mean. I think the front bumper is the normal sport bumper though with the additional lower trim fitted; check under the car it's probably been screwed on

We can only fail whats in the manual.
So not just any warning light on.
They have added this month

Electric Power Steering
Electric Park Brake
Electric Stability Control
Brake Fluid Light
Tyre Pressure Monitor

So while that is most stuff lol. A head light warning light should pass and advise. Aslong as the correct tell tales still work.

How about a occasional flickering airbag light?

Be careful if you're taking them off as they could be Tigerseal'd (or similar) on. If that's the case, they could be a ****** to remove.

Looks like the front windows have been tinted to (although a slightly lighter tint), whip them off unless you want a fine/ fine and points. Otherwise agree with the consensus on here!