s3 stage 2+

s3 th

Reaction score
Just picked my s3 up from the garage and what a transformation stage 2+ is over stage 1. The way it pulls is awesome.
Cannot believe the difference. I have no clutch slip yet but im sure that will come.
Figures from the dyno were 354 bhp and 368 ft/lb of torque.

Very happy

Just picked my s3 up from the garage and what a transformation stage 2+ is over stage 1. The way it pulls is awesome.Cannot believe the difference. I have no clutch slip yet but im sure that will come.Figures from the dyno were 354 bhp and 368 ft/lb of torque.Very happy
Glad you're happy....it put a big grin on my face when I did the Stg2+ mods,and even more after that with the later mods.
If you're on the stock clutch,it WILL give way sooner rather than later,and the Sachs or Loba/Sachs clutches would be the best replacements.
I think that Stg2+ is the best bang for buck set of mods you can do on the S3.....have you done the brakes and suspension yet?

That is the clutch ive been looking at. Not done the brakes as of yet but keep looking at the forge kits. Suspension wise its been lowered by previous owner. Just the springs tho. I also look at the anti roll bars for both front and rear. Im wanting to go beyond stage 2+ and go for big turbo. Ive spoken to amd essex and got alot of information from them. Are there any benefits of running rs4 injectors at stage 2+? Ive had a read of ur build thread alex and it is epic

Fair play to you. I had the fuel pump done aswell whilst it was in for the tbe. Want to do a few mods to the exterior for the time whilst I save for big turbo.

That is the clutch ive been looking at. Not done the brakes as of yet but keep looking at the forge kits. Suspension wise its been lowered by previous owner. Just the springs tho. I also look at the anti roll bars for both front and rear. Im wanting to go beyond stage 2+ and go for big turbo. Ive spoken to amd essex and got alot of information from them. Are there any benefits of running rs4 injectors at stage 2+? Ive had a read of ur build thread alex and it is epic
Many thanks!
As you'll know,AMDTuning is Essex have done all of the work on mine,so we should have ironed out any issues with the kits and components now,and you'd be OK with anything they offer you for a BT kit.
If you want to go to a big turbo,then you may want to consider the Spec Stg3+ clutch as seen here... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/155442-spec-stage-3-clutch.html
This thing is as tough as they come,and is what I run on mine,as it will cope with around 580lbs......the RS4 injectors would not be a good idea before Stg3,as the software is mapped for those.
You'd need to factor in a brake kit and suspension rebuild as without those you'd be looking at ditches quite often...I went for kW v3 initially,and splurged on the Clubsport kit recently to go with some fatter tyres.
There is a pile of other parts required,from auxiliary fuel pumps,to boost controllers and so on,but AMD know all of this.....anything i can help with,please ask!

Id like to know the costing of suspension upgrades and what you would recommend. I need to sort the alloy wheels out as the scrub sometimes on the rears. So possibly looking at going back to 18s. If you want to pm alex itd be much appreciated

Id like to know the costing of suspension upgrades and what you would recommend. I need to sort the alloy wheels out as the scrub sometimes on the rears. So possibly looking at going back to 18s. If you want to pm alex itd be much appreciated
Will do....you have mail!

Last edited:
I've just gone stage 2+ too :D clutch slipped on the rollers. Mine produced 345bhp and 355lb-ft. Just a question, if the clutch slips on the rollers should the reading be higher when the new clutch is fitted? Or lower?

Just picked my s3 up from the garage and what a transformation stage 2+ is over stage 1. The way it pulls is awesome.
Cannot believe the difference. I have no clutch slip yet but im sure that will come.
Figures from the dyno were 354 bhp and 368 ft/lb of torque.

Very happy

I can't wait to do mine! Nearly everyone has said how good the gains and feel is of the car! Bet its a lot of fun!

Yeah its alot of fun. And dj s3 I have no idea. What colour is ur s3. Im from wakefield and never seen u

Yeah its alot of fun. And dj s3 I have no idea. What colour is ur s3. Im from wakefield and never seen u

Sprint Blue with gloss black alloys and grills. Got a private plate. What colour is yours? I've seen loads of s3's ever since I got mine a year and a half ago.

Its black mate with black bbs ch alloys. My mate had a sprint blue one with black wheels but sold it as he emmigrated to oz

Its black mate with black bbs ch alloys. My mate had a sprint blue one with black wheels but sold it as he emmigrated to oz

Josh wood. Yeah I know him. I told him what I was doing to my car before he bought his and them he bought one already done! Ha. It worked out better for me though, as I could see what my car was going to be like and it put me off doing the wing mirrors black. Wasn't keen on his black roof or tinted windows but each to their own aye.

Last edited:
Don't think I've seen yours but I'm very jealous of the bbs ch's. I want some ck's but spent a lot on the car for now, saving for a new motorbike I think.

Small world int it. You from same area as josh? I actually want rid of the alloys tbh

Yeah not too far from his. Went to the same school. How come your wanting rid? What you going to get? I've got another friend with a s3, told him to get a s-tronic (he's loaded) but he didn't listen. He's now regretting it. Ha.

Im stage 2+ aswell! Bought it already like that and love it!

I've also got bbs ch in 18" which im looking to sell!

There 19s and fancying sum 18s I like the team dynamics 1.2s in a gunmetal grey. Or I might fancy some oem ones to keep the standard look. I played football with josh from being about 12. Do you know andy calvert then? He went to crofton. What colour wheels are your bbs josh?

Ahhhhhh. Your the lad who bought a s3. He told me. He likes to take the **** thinking he's got the best car and that everyone's got a S3 Renault, as if! Ha. Didn't you have a Astra vxr that was remap'd and that? I think it was a Astra. Yeah I play football with Calvert. Same age, know him since very little.

Where u based josh interested if theyre 18s? Yeah had a mapped astra vxr mate. Got rid as it needed alot of work. So glad I changed to the s3 though. Completely different car. Do you go to any meets dom

Don't go to waki cruise if that's what you mean. Ha. I was going to the last meet at meadowhall but had unforeseen circumstances in the family arised and I couldn't go (funeral). I'll definitely be going to the next one though. Be good to meet some other knowledgable people.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Theres a meet on Sunday 30th april I think dom.

Its a dyno day in sheffield. Im not putting mine on rollers but guna go for pics and stuff with other cars.

Is it on here? Just had mine dyno'd in Sheffield. Ha. Two days ago after the remap. Might have to pop down if I've ran my new clutch in by then.

What's the tuning limit for the S-Tronic? Can you go 2+ without any issues?